Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

Meriva bluetooth & Spotify

9K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  lucillegiovanny 
#1 ·
Hello! I'm new and couldn't find any posting guidelines, so apologies if this is a faux pa.

I (very) recently inherited a Meriva, it pairs with my phone over bluetooth without issues, but I can't get it to play music from Spotify. Is it possible to have streamed music play through bluetooth? If not what are my options?

A Google search has not brought any results.

#2 ·
If it’s paired with the phone then no reason why it shouldn’t play? I would check the volume on your phone is turned up, I would check Spotify is/isn’t going into car mode mine knows when I am traveling in a car, and check your using the correct setting on the stereo ie not aux cd etc,

on the Meriva a we own we use a FM transmitter so u just connect the phone to the BT on the transmitter and set the radio to the same frequency and save the channel so everytime u get in the car it should auto pair and just play they do the job and also work as a hands free kit

#3 ·
Sure this question has come up before and unfortunately it does seem like the built in Bluetooth does not support music streaming so one of the FM transmitters that @Louhas suggested would be the workaround.

Inbuilt Bluetooth is geared towards hands free phone use, not music streaming.

Reactions: andy_v
#4 · (Edited)
You have to make sure that your iphone has already connected bluetooth to your car drive. If it still fails to play your spotify songs, you can try to refresh spotify or download and install the app again. Instead of listening to Spotify music by bluetooth in my car, I prefer using USB cable to play my songs. I have chose a converter from DumpMedia on Google. The converter is capable of removing the drm from Spotify. It is pretty cool and convenient for me to use it. Just convert the songs to a format that is much playable like mp3. Then import the converted songs to other devices like mp3 player. Then connect the player to your car drive by USB.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.