Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone im looking for a set off 205/55/16 steel wheels to replace my 225/45/17 alloys for a more comfortable ride, will going down to 16" affect my speedo readings? If so can anything be done to correct the speedo reading?

if anyones got a nice set off steel wheels for sale let me know

regards

alan

·
13,368 Posts
It's not the size of the wheel that is important here but the overall circumference of the tyre, which of course is linked directly to the number of times it turns over a certain distance.
There are tables online that give you the sizes you need for various tyre combinations.

Reactions: Meriva2016

·
Premium Member
1,869 Posts
Hi everyone im looking for a set off 205/55/16 steel wheels to replace my 225/45/17 alloys for a more comfortable ride, will going down to 16" affect my speedo readings? If so can anything be done to correct the speedo reading?

if anyones got a nice set off steel wheels for sale let me know

regards

alan
I would contact your insurance first as if car left factory with the 17inch wheels and change to 16inch your car will not be factory stander and insurance can be void.

Sent from Huawei using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thankyou sll for your replys, just a thort i have tyre pressure monitor on my meriva if i buy a used set off meriva steel wheels will the tyre pressure monitor still work? Just thort of this....

·
Worn Out Member
6,219 Posts
You'll need to do something about the tpms,
if the wheels are from another Meriva B, as long as sensors are fitted and working you will need to do a re-learn,
if they come without sensors you'll need to swap them over from your old wheels or fit new sensors and do a re-learn.

Reactions: Meriva2016

·
Registered
69 Posts
rule of thumb is one up, one down.

so if the tyre is 195/65 Hr 15 the next one is 205/60vr 16 or 215/55 VR 17 and from there 225/50 18...

the outside diameter remains the same. You can check by driving an accurate measured distance.

so you can work it backwards...from 225/45 17 then it would be 215/50 16 or 205/55 15

1 - 8 of 8 Posts