Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all, I've noticed an annoying continuous 'rattle' coming from nsf only when turning the wheel to the left. I've done this stationary so ruled out CV joint and recently swapped the gearbox so I know all bushes and ball joints are ok. No play in track rods, either end. No feeling through the steering wheel. When driving the car is smooth as silk and steering operates as it should. There can't be that many things moving down there to create the noise, especially when stationary. Has anyone experienced this? Any ideas?
Cheers

·
Registered
267 Posts
Maybe look at suspension componant and bushes, wishbone, anti roll and drop links.... You have ruled out the 'running' side is driveshafts etc

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, i'm planning going over it again at the weekend, MOT on Fri so hopefully it's all as it should be. When i stripped it all down replacing the gearbox I made a point of going over everything and checking for wear/play. I was surprised at how good everything looked to be honest, especially for 9 year old car!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Thanks, i'm planning going over it again at the weekend, MOT on Fri so hopefully it's all as it should be. When i stripped it all down replacing the gearbox I made a point of going over everything and checking for wear/play. I was surprised at how good everything looked to be honest, especially for 9 year old car!
factory defect ... take it to the dealership and ask if the rack was replaced at any point, all Meriva's have them due to a design flaw and too much play. My one keeps being flagged as tie rod but there is nothing wrong with the tie rod jot tie rod end, to fix i would have to take the rack out and modify it. grab the ends of the rack on the left at full lock and you should find it easier to see.... good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts