Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right so bought this from evans halshaw few weeks back we went out come back and car wouldn't start so looked and i looked and found the reply burnt "Dont mind the wire ran did that for me to get it to the shop to get done" anyway took reply out and found it burnt to death and car would not start anyone know whats caused it its the fuel reply r12

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,338 Posts
It may just have been a bad connection on or in the relay. If you've only just bought it TAKE IT BACK and complain.

Reactions: andy_v

·
Premium Member
16,271 Posts
Yes its a common fault on this car, fuel pump relay overheats and burns the connectors on the board, if i recall correctly there is a repair kit you can buy to reinstate the relay and damaged connectors, if you have recently purchased the car i would take it back or in your case have it recovered.

·
Worn Out Member
9,790 Posts
There was a bulletin on the problem,it applies to Corsa D as well,but it seems to mainly be the Meriva that has the problem

·
Worn Out Member
9,790 Posts
i can't find the bulletin but this is what can happen,13435493 is the repair kit

Electronics Technology Electronic device Machine Electronic component

·
Worn Out Member
9,790 Posts
lol that's the pdf i put together for opcomusers,and i couldn't find it :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi.
My Meriva B is suffering with this same issue.

Searching 13435493 on the Internet, I don't find anything. Is this to be ordered at the dealership only? Do you people have a photo of what the kit looks like? Is it only a wire / connection repair kit, or does it include a new relay as well? Is the relay at fault here, or is it the connection box?

Here's my case: car sometimes won't start, unplugging and replugging the relay is for now enough to make it start, but at some point this will fail too and I'll be left stranded on the road.

BR, Sev

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.