Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon all, I hope you are all enjoying the sun?

I have been looking around and I can not locate my oil filter anywhere! I have ready number ours threads, and still cannot locate it!

Can anyone assist!?

Attachments

·
Registered
183 Posts
If its anything like my 1.7 CDTI Corsa one, it is right at the back of the engine and almost impossible to reach. Probably easy if the car is on a lift.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Back of the engine it is !

I don’t actually see the rational for having it in such a blind location!?

I’m not sure if I will be able to replace it, or actually pay Vauxhall to do it (at extortionate rates for oil!).

Thanks for your replies!

·
Registered
183 Posts
It is one of the type that has the plastic top that unscrews with the filter element inside. There is such a lot of stuff around the front of the engine there is no spare room for one there. Not many people actually service their own cars now.

·
Super Moderator
27,025 Posts
Back of the engine it is !

I don’t actually see the rational for having it in such a blind location!?

I’m not sure if I will be able to replace it, or actually pay Vauxhall to do it (at extortionate rates for oil!).

Thanks for your replies!
Never had a Vauxhall Diesel with it located anywhere else !

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does anyone have any suggestions for ease of removal?

Or does the process have to be done blind?

·
3,073 Posts
Use socket 32 mm on a ratchet (ideal hex socket...) and retrieve cartridge filter with plastic holder... replace filter ans seals in the vicinity of the car use a tiny smear of oil on the seal on the holder and put it back....

·
14,127 Posts
Different car but same basic engine - I remove the flexi air inlet pipe going from the MAF to the plastic inlet pipe that then runs down to the turbo. That gives me enough room to bring the filter and cap around the back of the engine and out through the gap that removing the flexi pipe leaves. Might not need to on the Meriva B though because it is a bigger car but knowing Vauxhall there is not normally a lot of spare space anywhere under the bonnet.
Make sure you don't overtighten it when putting it back - think it is 15Nm to do it up and on mine that is moulded into the filter cap itself for easy reference.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts