Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The central locking on my Meriva 04 plate has started to play up. When I try to unlock using the key fob the drivers door unlocks, but then the knob inside the door start jumping up and down, the central locking goes mad a handful of times and then locks again. It will only open and stay open if I use the key in the door lock. Once I'm in, if I pull the inside handle to open the door, the system locks itself. I've got to hold the button in the door up, when I pull the handle in order to get out.

If I get out the car and push the door closed, all doors lock. If I manage to close the door without it locking, when I lift the handle from the outside, it locks. Cant get in. Anyway, I have a feeling it's something to do with the button in the door as this always seems to be dropping down. (and activating the central locking system?)

Could this be caused by a dodgy solenoid, relay switch, or something more serious?

The key fob is fine, because in the odd occation that the doors dont lock automatically, I can use it to lock as normal.

Any info / advice would be a great help

Cheers
Mansie.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.