Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
problem with sound on speaker system,fitted a cd player in car but cant get any sound but if i connect a seperate speaker to the cd player i get sound, is their a resistor on these cars or do you think its an earth problem?

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
I'm not sure if we're too hot on Mazdas.

When you say separate speaker, do you mean the unit is out the car?

If it's in the car and the lights on the front panel come on etc, then it's not a bad earth. It must be the speaker connections.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the cd player set ok but nothing to the speakers so i had a spare speaker and connected it to the player and i got sound out of that speaker but nothing out of the four in the car.

L

·
0 Posts
Check for an amp in the system.

Refit original unit, check output levels with a multimeter at both the headunit output and at the speaker.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
when we bought the car there was no radio in it, i think i may take the card off the door and check the connection there.

·
aka wallop
945 Posts
kevtherev said:
problem with sound on speaker system,fitted a cd player in car but cant get any sound but if i connect a seperate speaker to the cd player i get sound, is their a resistor on these cars or do you think its an earth problem?
had similar problem in a granada, it was an amp in the system as previously mentioned, just bypassed it. worked a treat. only problem was removing the dash to get access:lmao:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for that, i will let my son know and he can check it,(saying that i expect it will be dad have a look) thanks all for your input. cant stay off the site now ive joined. thanks.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Some models did indeed have an external speaker amp. What model and age is it?
Go and find it and check it has power and connections.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts