Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Team Tommy Tank!
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Disclaimer : Yes, I know I'm an idiot.

So my bike test is very soon and my best mate just happens to be selling his very nice 2001 R6. Few beers had and a deal done. It's not here yet but will be soon :) more pics when I have it...

·
Premium Member
3,632 Posts
Isn't that a liitle bit big for someone of such small stature??

Its been nice knowing you.

And forget what Dave says, we've always been mates and I've always had your back so the Monaro should be coming to me, infact I'll do you a deal if you throw in Pugly.

I might even do a job lot for the Inshitnia and the Doris if it seals the Monaro deal

:)

·
Rascal
11,937 Posts
Don't listen to these two... Clearly the Monaro should be mine now, given all that BBQ food I've cooked for you over the years....

You probably won't want it anyway given how quick the r6 is...

·
Team Tommy Tank!
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha.... I guess it comes down to who consoles Jo effectively enough to take my place.

Although I am going to try quite hard not to actually die. Lots of training and time on the track should help my chances I hope. Throttle works both ways afterall.

Going to do the Ron Haslam superbike school once i've passed my test.

My mate is currently giving the R6 a good old service and putting a years ticket on it for me. Should be with me in the next couple of weeks :)

·
Premium Member
3,632 Posts
.... I guess it comes down to who consoles Jo effectively enough to take my place..........
Having met your not pregnant wife a few times, unless there are drugs and rope involved the chances of her letting me console her on your untimely passing in a ball of flame with your knee down are very slim.

Looks like one of the other 2 bumders will be tooling around in your 'Ro - i would add your Doris as well but that might be bad taste :)

Do you notice peoples extreme confidence in your ability in controlling the R6?

:)

·
It's only the bhp per ton that matters
1,446 Posts
*WEE ON YOUR BONFIRE*

Should of gone for the CBR600 RR !

Being serious? Majority of people for the R6 as it is known for being a great bike, I envy your bravery :D

·
Team Tommy Tank!
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
*WEE ON YOUR BONFIRE*

Should of gone for the CBR600 RR !

Being serious? Majority of people for the R6 as it is known for being a great bike, I envy your bravery :D
Don't confuse stupidity with bravery ;)

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts
Oh.... Yeeeeeeaaaaaahhhhh

Here at last. Freshly serviced and MOT'd Just need to sort the insurance. I can't wait to give it a proper blat :)
You might as well buy a new warehouse for all these new cars and bikes now! (y)

·
Team Tommy Tank!
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You might as well buy a new warehouse for all these new cars and bikes now! (y)
Tell me about it! Looking to move at some point to somewhere with enough land to build a proper man cave. It's not too bad at the minute. Bikes all fit in the garage and the cars go on the drive with some spaces to spare :)

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts
Tell me about it! Looking to move at some point to somewhere with enough land to build a proper man cave. It's not too bad at the minute. Bikes all fit in the garage and the cars go on the drive with some spaces to spare :)
Cave?! You'll need a mine for all this lot! :rofl:

·
Super Moderator
25,749 Posts
An new equation is now needed to explain this , when 1 house being x & y being a dad = n ( many bikes & cars ) to the power of 3 x (x + y) ^ x = even number of wheels when counted .

·
Team Tommy Tank!
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
An new equation is now needed to explain this , when 1 house being x & y being a dad = n ( many bikes & cars ) to the power of 3 x (x + y) ^ x = even number of wheels when counted .

N+1 always works :)

·
Team Tommy Tank!
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Took this out for a lunchtime "bimble" good lord it's quick.... 11k+ revs it's like a rocket ship. Handles a treat, really encourages you to move about on the bike and push on in the twisties.

I'm going to have to take care on this one :)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts