41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Team Tommy Tank!
4,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #41

·
Rascal
12,179 Posts
So you sold the bike trailer and the insignia which towed it, to buy the dogging van to avoid needing the trailer. Then the van wasn’t big enough so you sold it and bought the T4 van, but now you want to camp in that so you’ve bought another trailer....

How long before you just buy a converted coach which has beds and a garage in it?

·
Team Tommy Tank!
4,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
So you sold the bike trailer and the insignia which towed it, to buy the dogging van to avoid needing the trailer. Then the van wasn’t big enough so you sold it and bought the T4 van, but now you want to camp in that so you’ve bought another trailer....

How long before you just buy a converted coach which has beds and a garage in it?
Not quite, I sold the Inshitnia because it was shite, nothing to do with it being a tow car....

I sold the 205 to buy the original dogging van, this one was always going to be a camper which necessitated a trailer. I didn't like my last trailer as it left the bike exposed and you still couldn't get all the associated stuff in the car. This box trailer is the perfect solution as it can be left loaded up ready to just hitch and go.

·
Team Tommy Tank!
4,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Pop top is done. Obviously I can't collect it at the moment or use it but good to know it's sorted. The guy doing it is going to keep working on it (on his own) so is doing 240v and 12v electrics for me while he's got it

Untitled by Matt Goodman, on Flickr

I'm hoping to be able to use it before summer ends but if not will just get the diesel heater fitted and get some trips in through autumn and winter instead.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Just stumbled on this thread,though I was on my old forum for a minute! Van looks great Matt, you've put a fair bit of work in, I was always a bit partial towards a friesen green t4, def looks better on the banded steels. I'm hoping to be out this summer in the new van but not holding my breath☹. I felt a little bit of remorse for my old t4 when reading your thread, keep up the good work,I'll watch with interest?

·
Team Tommy Tank!
4,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Just stumbled on this thread,though I was on my old forum for a minute! Van looks great Matt, you've put a fair bit of work in, I was always a bit partial towards a friesen green t4, def looks better on the banded steels. I'm hoping to be out this summer in the new van but not holding my breath☹. I felt a little bit of remorse for my old t4 when reading your thread, keep up the good work,I'll watch with interest?
Thanks Chap, interior is very different now as it's all starting to come together. 12v and 240v electrics currently being done then it'll be a Fiamma F45 wind out awning and a diesel heater and it's good to go when I can finally get out camping/motorbike racing again

·
Team Tommy Tank!
4,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Bit more progress, electrics done and Fiamma F45 awning fitted....

by Matt Goodman, on Flickr

Pretty much ready go now. Need to fit my LED lighting when it's back and then a 12v TV which will do us for the summer.

In Autumn i'll have a Diesel heater fitted so we can use it year round and a rear window to provide a bit more natural light.

I've got the gear to lower it another inch when it comes back too.

·
Team Tommy Tank!
4,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #49

·
Team Tommy Tank!
4,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #50

·
Yawn.
13,805 Posts
This is proper. Nice build!

Got a thing for a van at the moment, only thing that puts me off a T4 is the front cab for daily duties. Bit too ‘commercial’ compared to the newer T5>vans that seem to be designed to be a bit more car-like (for a van!).

·
Team Tommy Tank!
4,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
41 - 55 of 55 Posts