Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

Matt's 2017 workhorse - ////////M135i

11K views 105 replies 12 participants last post by  Matt-SRI 
#1 ·
So, i'll fill in the rest of the details when I get it but decided for a slight change back to having something a bit nicer for work. Should be picking it up next week some time.

BMW Approved used sourced 2014 "64" BMW M135i
36K miles
Manual
Michelin pilot supersports all round
Service pack until 50K
Harmon/Kardon audio
Black leather
All for £16993 which considering what it cost 3 years ago is a snip! Shouldn't lose a fortune over the next 2 fingers crossed.

Basically a 1 series with a 3.0 turbocharged straight 6 petrol - which should be nice.

Plans - put 50K on it in the next two years with a smile on my face while hopefully not losing too much in depreciation
Maybe a naughtier exhaust
Maybe a reduction in ride height

Dealer pics

Untitled by matt goodman, on Flickr

I'll do the same monthly breakdown I usually do when I start using it for work. Let's see how it stacks up versus the insignia. Obviously it will cost more but I have a feeling the difference won't be as crazy as you may think.

See less See more
#5 ·
What???

How on earth can you have a car that doesn't do 55mpg minimum as a daily driver?

Are you mental?

Fuel costs would be crippling

Sorry but you've bought the wrong car.

No matter how beautiful the wheels might be or the blue calipers you should have bought the 320D M-sport as it looks like an M3, not a 116 with the factory badge upgrade!

Plus it needs lowering and the numberplate is wonky

#lookslikeadogtakingashit
#hashtagsforAlexhelovesthem

Wheres the special dealer custom video tour BTW??

:D

#10 ·
The thing with these is that the service interval is a massive 20K+ Miles particularly when doing alot of motorway miles like mine. I'm not up for that so have booked it in for an interim oil change at my local BMW dealer next week. Well worth it at £159.

Paid £375 for the used M Performance exhaust (the proper BMW approved one)
£38 for the link pipe
£159 for the interim service
then it'll be a few quid for the exhaust fitting

that should all see it right for a while :)

Should improve the rear end with the new exhaust on as the new one has larger stainless pipes and more importantly sound much better.

#13 ·
Why cant BMW stick to their simple numbering, it should be M130!!
I tend to agree on this one.

I get it with the 320, 328i etc as they are all 2.0t with different outputs so makes sense.

As there's no 3.0 na 1 series it's a little odd. Maybe because there's a 335 with the same engine due to a 330 being a 3.0 na? Christ knows

Doesn't worry me too much though

#16 ·
The numbers don’t relate to engine size or power output but just their ‘place’ in the line up on new Audi’s. From something like 10 up to 50.
Thats not quite right, the numbers refer to its power output, but have no specific relation to that figure.

They go from 30 to 70 in increments of 5

30 is 107 - 127BHP

35 is 145-159BHP

Upto 70 which is over 429bhp.

Its ferking stupid, it doesn't differentiate between petrol and diesel, which will make filtering adverts harder if the advertiser is lazy and doesn't clearly differentiate, so you could go and see an A4 40 and find out it's a p!ssing diesel not the petrol you wanted

Reactions: Fred Bassett
#17 ·
So here we are after a month of work use. 39,200 on the clock after just over 2K this month. No issues to report, just a really nice place to be.

Totals

Car - £16993
RFL - £280
M performance exhaust - £375
Exhaust clamp/bush - £33.75

Total £17681.75

It's booked in for an interim oil service next month and i'll have the exhaust fitted. Hopefully that will be all :)

#18 ·
Month two done. 41800 miles so 2600 miles in the month, all good! Great to drive with the HK audio and the heated seats in this weather. Rather nice having a daily with a decent amount of poke again too.

Had an interim oil service and the MPE exhaust fitted.

Totals

Car - £16993 - October '17
RFL - £280 - October '17
M performance exhaust - £375 - October '17
Exhaust clamp/bush - £33.75 - October '17
Exhaust fitting - £35 - November '17
Interim service - £150 - November '17

Total £17866.75

or £8933.37 per month. :D

Must wash it at some point.

#31 ·
Be good to see a thread on the del sol. Sounds like some animal.

I too prefer to see who's fastest on the track but tend to do that on two wheels.

Bear in mind this is only my daily hack. It's pretty well sorted though, RWD, lighter than an e90 M3, adaptive suspension, Michelin pilot super sports etc.

Handles pretty well, oodles of power compared to a 330 club sport.

#35 ·
Sorry for apparently insulting your friends and you car by joining in a bit of banter.

Ive read the reviews and watched the youtube uploads on the 135i. It's a nicer car than the new m140i.
Its the same as a civic.. by the s type and it looks no different frok th le type r aside ftom alloys..
All the big manufacturer's now do it. Audi, bmw, mercedes, ford, honda and even Kia.
They may drive lot differently, but the aesthetic is not a huge difference.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.