Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
41 - 60 of 106 Posts
I'm guessing that would be a no. lots of answers all avoiding the question

100bhp per litre was quite impressive when the Mclaren F1 produced iirc 627 bhp from its 6 ltr BMW engine and the E(whatever) M3 of the same era produced 321bhp from its 3.2 ltr N/A engine , but when its 160bhp from a 1.6 shopping trolley its not impressive at all, bearing in mind most modern diesels produce more bhp with a massive wave of low down torque to drag the slightly heavier body down the road, even less impressive when that's about half the specific output of your crappy daily @Matt-SRI

As previously mentioned the BM would be round the bend and over the horizon before the Marbella has even thought about where the apex might be

Or to put it another way, 160bhp/0.9= 177bhp/tonne against 315/1.5=210bhp/ tonne - whichever way you look at the BM is long gone

Unless of course the magical Malaga has a lot more power, but without a gallery thread we will just have to take the word of someone on the internet

I await to be proven wrong :unsure:
Thats the stock form of a Vti.
Look up my cousin whi helped me build my Del Sol.
With non stock control arms, tie bars, and camber on thw rear... not to wvem mention the brake upgradesI have. Your Nazi wagon will be screeching on the bends like a jew in a gas chamber to search for grip as my Del Slo goes round effortlessly.

The Civic EG Im building which is twinned with cox motorsport car of mu cousin has proven itself.
Lmao.
Like I said, your stock lumpy Bmw does not even have me sweating unless it's a straight line drag race.

Even my Transstop is removed to add lightness..

What you may not realise is that the EG civic and the del sol are the same car.

Problem is with a bmw. As soon as its a bit moist, all that torque is not usable. Just like when i spectated at brands hatch.. time and time again. Rwd is excellent in perfect and dry conditions.
Loads of torque, no good without traction.
Also, how late can you brake in a 1 series? Not that late compared to a Del sol.

Lets see how many threads pop up on your 135i over the next year about fuel pump issues and rattling turbos.
I use to work in a hospital and my colleagues were doctors and had them cars from new.. saw all the issues with them.

Ill post a video up of my EK.. i dont care about figures. Football games are not won on team lists of paper and races are not won by dyno runs.

Ill upload my old turbo set upif i find it on my phone.

Discussion starter · #44 · (Edited)
Thats the stock form of a Vti.
Look up my cousin whi helped me build my Del Sol.
With non stock control arms, tie bars, and camber on thw rear... not to wvem mention the brake upgradesI have. Your Nazi wagon will be screeching on the bends like a jew in a gas chamber to search for grip as my Del Slo goes round effortlessly.

The Civic EG Im building which is twinned with cox motorsport car of mu cousin has proven itself.
Lmao.
Like I said, your stock lumpy Bmw does not even have me sweating unless it's a straight line drag race.

Even my Transstop is removed to add lightness..

What you may not realise is that the EG civic and the del sol are the same car.

Problem is with a bmw. As soon as its a bit moist, all that torque is not usable. Just like when i spectated at brands hatch.. time and time again. Rwd is excellent in perfect and dry conditions.
Loads of torque, no good without traction.
Also, how late can you brake in a 1 series? Not that late compared to a Del sol.

Lets see how many threads pop up on your 135i over the next year about fuel pump issues and rattling turbos.
I use to work in a hospital and my colleagues were doctors and had them cars from new.. saw all the issues with them.

Ill post a video up of my EK.. i dont care about figures. Football games are not won on team lists of paper and races are not won by dyno runs.

Ill upload my old turbo set upif i find it on my phone.
You know you're replying to someone who isn't me don't you?

Again, I've not insulted your car I just want to see it because I'm a petrol head and am interested.

why are you ranting at him with insults about my car as though it's his? The issues you mention are with the early cars by the way which this isn't. Also you won't see any threads as it has a warranty.

Out of interest, what do you lap Cadwell and Mallory at?

Discussion starter · #45 ·
This is my old EK Civic.. my Del Sol needles spin to the right faster than my old civic.

Accelerates well.

Is there a build thread anywhere?

Aaaaaactually. That's on a rolling road isn't it?

Discussion starter · #47 · (Edited)
Take it to the extreme, do you think the bmw would beat a lotus elise round the track with it's poxy little engine?
Depends on the track/driver.

Something twisty like Cadwell/Mallory the lotus would be off (assuming a competent driver)

Snetterton in 300 format with long sweepers and two long straights - probably the 135

The bmw is better for turning up to business meetings many miles away though which is ultimately what it's for

I just find Ashlee's claims/way of putting things amusing. I would love to see the spec of the del sol as it does sound interesting.

I sold my track car (funnily enough a 205 GTI circa 160hp/960kg) because after doing bike trackdays (done 12 this year) car trackdays seem a bit dull so do have track experience

Depends on the Elise and which engine.
An Elise has loads and abundance of grip in the corners.
Also, a car with hyge power and with a road set up. The driver will he doing so much work to correct the car in the corners.
Esepcially an Exige.
If you visit maidstone Honda Elise/Exige. They have customers from around the world using b series and k series engines in a Lotus.

If you used hockenheim, i think the BMW may just recover on the long straight.
The BMW will get tobuse its top end grunt all the way past 155mph if de-limited.

That 135i.. rip the seats out.. remove the window mechanisms..weld the rear doors... switch to perspex windows and minimal inteior leaving only air con and a watered down stereo..
Then upgraded conrrol arms and srive shafts... the bmw will be even more agressive with a remap ans sime negative negative camber on the rear.
For mods, the BMW has overwhelming potential.

Its the reason why the heavy Nissan GTr was always ahead of cars that outclassed it. It could get the power down in most conditions. Obviously thats done by electronic traction assistance. But getting all that torque down was key.
The new Audi TT RS though is just as quick. Quite scary how everyone else catches up over 8 years.

Discussion starter · #52 ·
That 135i.. rip the seats out.. remove the window mechanisms..weld the rear doors... switch to perspex windows and minimal inteior leaving only air con and a watered down stereo..
Then upgraded conrrol arms and srive shafts... the bmw will be even more agressive with a remap ans sime negative negative camber on the rear.
For mods, the BMW has overwhelming potential.
Would be slightly less useful as a workhorse for me then though :ROFLMAO:

It's just my mileage muncher

Discussion starter · #53 · (Edited)
So back on topic :ROFLMAO:

1800 miles this month brings us to 43600. I've just done my last work journey of the year so it will probably only do 100 miles between now an Jan 2nd.

No outlay this month, will need new rear tyres in the not too distant :barefoot:

Totals
Car - ÂŁ16993 - October '17
RFL - ÂŁ280 - October '17
M performance exhaust - ÂŁ375 - October '17
Exhaust clamp/bush - ÂŁ33.75 - October '17
Exhaust fitting - ÂŁ35 - November '17
Interim service - ÂŁ150 - November '17

Total ÂŁ17866.75

or ÂŁ5955.58 per month.

So back on topic :ROFLMAO:

1800 miles this month brings us to 43600. I've just done my last work journey of the year so it will probably only do 100 miles between now an Jan 2nd.

No outlay this month, will need new rear tyres in the not too distant :barefoot:

Totals

Total ÂŁ17866.75

or ÂŁ5955.58 per month.
Ouch!! Better than me. My partner would cry if i spent that in one go.

Discussion starter · #55 ·
Ouch!! Better than me. My partner would cry if i spent that in one go.
You wanna see the other stuff in the garage :D

She doesn't mind. If we were having to go without elsewhere I'm sure she would but if that were the case I'd not spend it (y)

Nice workhorse Matt, they sound wicked too. Ashlee sounds like an absolute helmet, you call it banter, the funniest bit was the youtube video.

Admin should clean the thread up as no one gives a f*ck about a del sol.

Oh and happy new year!

Your cluttering his thread with utter sh*t is what I am getting at.

Not remotely bothered about you getting suspended or not as I don't frequent this forum often as I used to.

You are criticising a car you have never driven or owned, based on some journalist review.

I'm happy for admin to delete posts to keep thread as it was.

Discussion starter · #59 ·
Another month. 2200 miles this month brings us up to 45800.

No expenditure this month

Totals
Car - ÂŁ16993 - October '17

Total ÂŁ17866.75

ÂŁ4466.69 per month so far

Will need a service this month but that will be covered by the service pack and two new tyres that won't be :)

41 - 60 of 106 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.