Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all I have a huge load of pics to go up, but you'll have to bare with me on that I am affraid, but I'll summarise my account of VBOA first...

Got there Saturday evening at about 5ish, unfortunatly missed alot of people who I would have liked to meet again, but couldnt be helped, had a quick chat then the food, beer and evening 'entertainment' followed.

First of all after putting up tent we had a game of prat about footie or as Marc named it 'one bounce' where you have to pass the ball to people in a circle and the ball can only bounce of the floor once, only we quickly realised we are nowhere near good enough to do that given just the once bounce, so it quickly become 'Three bounce' and given the calibre of some of the passing that was still a task in itself! We also quickly realised Mark (Big Mark) is a cheating git and wouldnt move for the ball if it had a blank cheque stuck to it :lmao:

Nonetheless we had a good laugh and then we went into the VxON gazibo for a game of cards *squeemish people stop reading NOW

This game of cards led to one of the most alarming moments in the clubs history, it started as a game of Black Jack (Pontoon) then Mark (Yes Big Mark no matter how much he hands the blaim over to Badiel Marc), sais 'I know... lets play strip black jack!' Now at this point with a tent full of various sizes ranging from fat to thin men, we should have said 'Noooooooo' but we didnt did we.... not on your nelly :crying_2:

What resulted was a game where the winner has to take something off, and 3 busts in a row also meant you had to take something off, so the name of the game was to be in the middle ground. All I can say is.... I didnt do that very well, and the end result was me (a fat lardy arsed git) sitting by the door on a wet windy night in just my boxers as the rest of the lads pray to anything holy that I dont bust or win again! When skinny Danboy also gets close to shedding more layers than ones eyes can take we wisely conclude the game and drink, eat, take the micky a little more.

Moving on from those bad memories *the squeemish may now rejoin the thread* Sunday itself was a very very good day, starting off with being woken by sounds of cars moving about and talk of 'I had this awfull dream last night!' so I decide to drag my ass out the tent, and join Dave, Sarah, Jimbo and the newly arrived Matt N for breakfast at the local lodge, I decided my stomch really couldnt handle any food so found salvation in a single cup of coffee, how very nice it was too.

Shortly after we all headed back to base and soon everyone else was arriving, we cleaned up a bit and I went out with different people to view what was a truly great collection of all kinds of cars,vans,trucks. I can deffinatly say it was the best show I have been to, RR day was great and I enjoyed that but it wasnt a car show, PVS was also great but no doubt VBOA tops the lot, hundreds of cars there, I never knew there were so many good nic Chevettes about! and my pictures to follow will speak volumes of the quality and quantity alike of what was on show. We were spilt with space, 15 cars scheduled and space for 50 more and tents with ease! infact having little usage of our plot had its own problems, anyone Tom, **** or Harry felt they could abandon their car on our plot like it was some sort of layby. But that is the only gripe, and its a very very lax one at that.

All in all I had an awesome 24hrs, and joking aside if my antics on Saturday night offended anyone or were in a manor that brought shame on the club I do appologise now. My intentions are only ever to have a laugh and be me, if thats going too far please by all means say something and I'll be sure to conduct myself with more inhibitions in the future.

Nice as always to meet you all again, I really feel settled in to the club now and I think all things considered it would be very harsh not to grant this club full VBOA affiliation based on our overall conduct over the weekend. Pleasure to be part of the community, thankyou.

And cheers Marc & Dave for all the work put in to get us this far, the success reflects the effort :)

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
i didnt see anyone other then dave today, i did start to look for the stand but my little one was getting fed up so we left about 2.30 ish

from what pics i have seen the stand looked a great size

·
Registered
371 Posts
Yep it was indeed, im very glad I managed to keep my clothes on bar my shoes and belt! A good night was had by all we can safely say but I think some mental scars will take a while to heal!!

·
Banned
8,538 Posts
japcav said:
i didnt see anyone other then dave today, i did start to look for the stand but my little one was getting fed up so we left about 2.30 ish

We was at the rear of the main show field, near CTOR.

·
Premium Member
12,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
japcav said:

Thought you couldnt make it Laura? was shocked as anyone when I heared you were there, when I looked at the wigwab stand later on at 4ish didnt see you, obviously now I know why.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Thought you couldnt make it Laura?
my dad si very ill and i didnt know untill the last few days weather i wuld be able to come so rather then have an ampty spot i withdrew as it didnt matter with mig if i showed or not but it was imortant to vxon so that why :)

·
Rascal
11,940 Posts
LSi said:
decided my stomch really couldnt handle any food so found salvation in a single cup of coffee, how very nice it was too.
That's exactly how I felt sunday morning at PVS. Nice account Matt. Really wish i could have gone!

·
Premium Member
12,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry abut the quality of the pics, if anyone wants the full size please PM me and i'll email it you.

Firstly our own turnout...

Danboy...

Mark...

PVO_Dave...

Goonas...

LSI...

Sarah...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts