Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

Massive blue smoke on start up, and massive amount of white smoke while running.

[Astra Mk4/G] [98-04] 
Tags
astra g z16se
2K views 15 replies 4 participants last post by  Pedrosquires 
#1 ·
Hi,

So about 2 weeks ago a changed my head gasket, valve seals, belt and termostat, and all the other seals. Before the change it used a tiny bit of coolant, and about 1L pr 600km.
Now it smoke heavily blue smoke when i start the car. After it has run warm, it smoke the same amount but all white. When accelerating from full stop, it smoke even more than that. There is no use of coolant now, but i now uses 2L pr 300km.
There is no loss in compression and there is not oil on the spark plugs.

The car has about 350.000km on it. So i know it is old and tired.

Does anyone know what could be the problem?

#5 ·
Yes the head was skimmed, pressure tested and valves got cut in. Can’t remember what margin it has, and can’t remember the exact number but around 130PSI for all of the cylinders. Can verify it when I get home from work.

Also when checking the oil level, it jumps around all the time. It says sometimes more the 1” higher than max, and the next time it says it is almost empty

#13 ·
I could do the leak Down test. And yes I made sure to put all the gaskets were correct.
All 4 spark plugs are the same and have about the same amount of wear on them.

But the car just died. I ran on 2 cylinders for 5 seconds before it died. And the smoke became black from the exhaust just before it happened.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.