Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Because...Race Car!
19,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I needed an extra day to recover from the whole thing so I am glad I booked an extra days holiday..lol

Firstly I have a few thank-you's...

Matt (LSi)

Thanks mate, you did a splendid job organising the pre-show bits, the show time bits and the after show bits and can honestly say that even despite the weather it was my best ever PVS and glad I went....You work so hard and for me, it paid off!:Cool2: Also, without your 'help' the Corsa.....sorry Nova (Phil Ya Git!) wouldn't have been taxed in time to make it.

Eddy and Hayley

Thank you so much, you know why, but without you two I wouldn't have made it mentally or physically.:Cool2:

Rob and Pippa

Thanks for being my support through the weekend and the journey to and from PVS....And the tent on Saturday night...and the drunken laughs Pip..:Cool2:

Phil, Ayden & Alex

Guys......blinding! I haven't laughed, cried, danced, fallen over, got drunk and watched soooooo much Clunge in a very, very, very long time....Can't wait for Biling to repay the favour..lol :Cool2:

Adam (NovaJunkie)

Cheers mate, without your effort alot of us would probably still be stuck in the mud.....The Nova is awesome! :Cool2:

Everyone else

To stop me going on and on....To everyone that came, if it was just for an hour or for a whole weekend....Thanks, you made my weekend :Cool2:

My PVS started Friday morning with a trip to robs, then off to sort his tyre out on the Omega and drop me to the garage to swap everything from the Vectra to the Nova. Back to robs, bit of last minute shopping and we were off....

Now, usually I do this in a bit of comfort, but not this time, no stereo and a 1.2 4-speed made it a long boring journey, but the Nova went well and rob managed to pass me some cheese sticks so it wasn't all bad..lol One quick stop on the hard shoulder to do up the front wheel nuts again....it's only done 200 miles since I bought it and they decided to free themselves up a bit...lol
Met up with the Toddington crew around 3.30 and the Belgiums who were awesome ALL weekend!! then off to Santa Pod...

Saturday night was all about the BBQ....great plan well exicuted, so thanks to Phil for picking up the food etc and Alex for bringing the bbq and playing chef all weekend. Went to be pretty late, up saturday morning to discover that MUD was the order of the day..lol Adam helped a lot with that and my Nova made it over to the stand mud free...hurrah, got chance to watch some strip action and a bit of a look around, watched Adam's Nova up the strip...206BHP and 170ftlbs of Torque make for a promising car!
Back to the campsite and more bbq....superb, then later on I was invited to join Phil, Ayden and Alex for a 'Clunge Hunt'.....:D Oh my god, much much later, loads of Magners and a decent session in the disco tent and strippers lounge later and I got to bed...in the dry... and woke up to the bloody rain again..lol
The grass at the stand was basically now just mud and had it not been for Eddy and Hayley with the Gazebo I suspect may would have just stayed in the cars, but no....out and chatting the pair of them keeping us entertained, fed and watered...Thanks!
Left pretty early as I was soaked and exhausted and off myself, Rob and Pip went home....back at a decent time, took the Nova to be cleaned on top and underneath and alll clean again it went back in the garage...

The 'show' for me was ruined by the weather, but more importantly Santa Pods lack of thought into what to do if the weather went bad...The 'aftershow' and basically the 'being with a bunch of friends' bit was amazing and I can't wait until Billing and also see what else Emma can buy that I can walk around with all day...lol

·
Matto Matto SQUIZ !!
2,588 Posts
Was good seeing you again dude and yes saturday was a cracking night, not sure i have laughed like that for helluva long time :lmao::lmao::Cool2::Cool2:

·
Premium Member
3,631 Posts
Always a pleasure Mr Bum-Cummins :lmao:

Glad you had as much fun as i did, have to say watching you (after about 7 pints of Magners) try and work out if you needed doughnut stall, chip shop, bar, strippers or toilet was one of the funniest things i have seen in a long time!!

In fact it was hirrarious :lmao:

·
Because...Race Car!
19,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Glad you had as much fun as i did, have to say watching you (after about 7 pints of Magners) try and work out if you needed doughnut stall, chip shop, bar, strippers or toilet was one of the funniest things i have seen in a long time!!

lol "Where was I going?" :lmao:

·
Matto Matto SQUIZ !!
2,588 Posts

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Indeed mate.....Ferrrari?
Ferirari :Cool2:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts