Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got a Mark one nova which after a little while the battery is completely drained ive fitted a new battery and carried out a battery drain test all fine the alternator is charging fine it does have a 3rd party blaupunkt cd player in it which works fine could it be possible that the radio is draining the battery and if so how do i fix this problem if this is even the problem thanks

·
Registered
187 Posts
It could be the radio if its connected directly to the battery ie not via the ignition. Also worth considering the starter motor and check the earth connection between gearbox and chassis.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i fitted the new battery on the saturday and checked it on the thursday then i came t trying it 2day and it was completely drained with no lights coming on the dash at all. the radio is wired in to a constant live like the normal vauxhall radios so it turns on even with the ignition off but seems to drain very fast

·
Registered
212 Posts
Had a similar prob once, it turned out to be the boot light not turning off. Removed the bulb and everything was fine.
Just a thought.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts