Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Worn Out Member
8,763 Posts
You started the thread with wanting to change a faulty map sensor so presumably you got the idea it was faulty somewhere ,has you changed it yet or is it still the original ?
What's it reading without the engine running ?

Reactions: andy_v

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
You started the thread with wanting to change a faulty map sensor so presumably you got the idea it was faulty somewhere ,has you changed it yet or is it still the original ?
What's it reading without the engine running ?
Yes I am thinking its faulty hence why I wanted too remove it I do have a new one too replace it and reading still reads 101kpa when engine is not running

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

·
Worn Out Member
8,763 Posts
If you have one to replace it then best crack on and get it done,you'll soon know then if it's faulty or not ;)

·
Worn Out Member
8,763 Posts
I can't remember exactly how much room there is to get at that particular sensor,
but i find a small grinder or something like a dremmel can really save your knuckles over using a hacksaw 👍

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I can't remember exactly how much room there is to get at that particular sensor,
but i find a small grinder or something like a dremmel can really save your knuckles over using a hacksaw
Theres hardly no room at all to use anything like that and I don't have a drwmmel anyway

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Is this a purge control valve ? I've replaced the MAP sensor to try and figure out why my car is still rough idling I've read these purge valves can also cause rough idle

·
Worn Out Member
8,763 Posts
It looks like a purge valve but that is one crap out of focus pic you've posted ☕

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
It looks like a purge valve but that is one crap out of focus pic you've posted
I agree it is rubbish picture am sure your right it is a purge valve I've just seen a video on YouTube I just can't seem to find one at all they all look different on eBay they seek too look like this but mine only has the one pipe fitting at one end

·
16,761 Posts
Yours should have a part number on it - do a search for that number.

·
Worn Out Member
8,763 Posts
Corsa D Z12XEP purge valve is 55566514,
they all have 2 hose connectors plus a plug socket,you need to look at yours again

·
16,761 Posts
I just put that part number into Google and found loads of suppliers who have them, including eBay and Amazon sellers so why can't you find one?????

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I just put that part number into Google and found loads of suppliers who have them, including eBay and Amazon sellers so why can't you find one?????
I've seen them ones apparently its not the same I messaged vaux on eBay and they replied saying its not the right one and sent me this image saying that's the one you need its not the best of images sorry

·
Worn Out Member
8,763 Posts
I know there is the one on mine doesn't have the two pipe fittings on it only has the one and one small one going into the engine

One plus one always made two when i went to school,is this a windup ?

·
Worn Out Member
8,763 Posts
Fair enough ;) i'll dig a bit deeper and come back,shame that pic they gave you is a bit rubbish

21 - 40 of 48 Posts