Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi can anyone give me some advice on the best way to remove my faulty MAP sensor the problem am having is the T20 torx bolt seems to have a damaged head as the torx bit won't grip the bolt head so I can't remove it to replace with a new sensor .

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

·
Worn Out Member
8,763 Posts
An Allen key will sometimes do the trick

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Need more advice here haven't got a clue how I can remove this torx bolt on this MAP sensor I don't have any space to mess about with it its too closed in bolt head is stripped can't get a grab on it

·
Premium Member
3,650 Posts
If the sensor is u/s, then can you cut it next to the bolt (hacksaw blade) and get the main part of it out, then block up the hole and break the retaining lug apart.
You should then be able to get a pliers or grips on the old bolt head to get it out.
If there is enough room on the new sensor to get a socket on it, use a normal hex head bolt.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If the sensor is u/s, then can you cut it next to the bolt (hacksaw blade) and get the main part of it out, then block up the hole and break the retaining lug apart.
You should then be able to get a pliers or grips on the old bolt head to get it out.
If there is enough room on the new sensor to get a socket on it, use a normal hex head bolt.
I was thinking of cutting it with a blade but didn't have the bottle to go through with it lol it's in such a awkward place the bolt

·
Premium Member
3,650 Posts
Sockets are available for rounded bolt heads, i have a set i got from b n q to get me out of a hole.
I bought these to get the seized and rounded bolts of my exhaust downpipe, worked a treat.
Those are for removing damaged hex head bolts. Unfortunately, I think the sensor in question is held with a pan head bolt with a Torx indent, so those won't work!
Screws like these:

Reactions: Valer

·
Worn Out Member
8,763 Posts
I originally thought it was panhead torx,hence my original recommendation of trying an allen key,
but looking at the Vx listing it shows a standard head torx bolt,who knows? the o/p hasn't posted a pic as yet

Reactions: Alan G H

·
16,761 Posts
Fairly sure the Meriva has "inverted" torx bolts for the MAP sensor too.

Reactions: vince bolam

·
Registered
2008 Astra Twintop 1.8
598 Posts
Those are for removing damaged hex head bolts. Unfortunately, I think the sensor in question is held with a pan head bolt with a Torx indent, so those won't work!
Screws like these:
In which case, provided you can get a drill in, one of these should do the job:

Not knowing exactly where the MAP sensor is on whatever engine this is, I'm a bit in the dark!

·
Worn Out Member
8,763 Posts
Seems like the only one not still contributing to the thread is the O/P lol

·
Worn Out Member
8,763 Posts
Strange,here's the main text from the pic.

Tester Display Manifold Absolute Pressure
Ignition ON Engine OFF All consumers turned off
90 ... 110 kPa /3.9 ... 4.9 V
Engine running at idle speed, @ operating temperature Accelerator pedal not actuated
25 ... 50 kPa/1.2 ... 1.9 V

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Strange,here's the main text from the pic.

Tester Display Manifold Absolute Pressure
Ignition ON Engine OFF All consumers turned off
90 ... 110 kPa /3.9 ... 4.9 V
Engine running at idle speed, @ operating temperature Accelerator pedal not actuated
25 ... 50 kPa/1.2 ... 1.9 V
Mine shows 101kpa when running idle can't be right unless the reader is not reading it properly

1 - 20 of 48 Posts