Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi -

Currently, i'm driving Vectra "R" reg. for the past few weeks - i realise that the gear is difficult to engage especially when you are changing from 2nd to 1st - specially traffic-jam when the car moving very slow.

2nd problem, the steering is pretty heavy to steer especially when you need to do a u-turn or a 3-point turn.

finally, whenever i drive the car from stationary - it makes a squik noise on the front lefthand position.

Can anyone Help me ??? I really worry now as i'm a heavy motoway user

regards,
mike

·
Premium Member
10,875 Posts
Firstly, this thread belongs here: http://www.vauxhallownersnetwork.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=13

Don't worry a moderator will move it, just showing u for future reference. ;)

Second, what milage is the car?
Have u checked your power steering fluid, I realise u can't really check the gearbox oil without spilling it everywhere, but they might be the problems...

·
Respect mah authoritah!
4,994 Posts
first off wrong section mike lol.

im not to up on vectras but would assume there the same as cavs. but the linkages on the gearbox often become worn cus there are plastic bushes in them. the linkage may need to be realigned.

the heavy steering could be low tyre pressure in the front. also check you have enough power steering fluid.

the squik is prob due to the aux belt that drives the alternator and power steering being worn or just may need to be tightened.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you thank you...

the current mileage is 85k and have it last service 7 months ago

btw, how can i open and check the oil level for the power. I'm just a Car idiot

regards,
Mike

·
vxon rust buster
393 Posts
there should be a black bottle somewhere near to the battery which contains a red fluid just check its full. hope this helps

1 - 5 of 5 Posts