Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
So my engine light came on a while back, and after plugging it in, found two faults. One glow plugs fault, which after a quick look, I could see the Vauxhall garage hadn't plugged it in properly when they changed one. Second one was MAF sensor. Got a new one and changed it. Now it's still showing the engine light, and with the current situation, I have no access to my friends diagnostic tools. Any ideas? I'm hoping the fault code just needs clearing now the MAF has been changed and that'll be the end of it. It's a 62 plate insignia SRI

·
Premium Member
10,529 Posts
Disconnect your battery for 30 minute, this is supposed to reset your ECU, if it still comes back there may be a issue with the MAF sensor, did you just buy a aftermarket one or a OEM

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive tried that and it didn't do the trick. I got a HAAS one. That was the best one Euro Car Parts had.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The HAAS one was more expensive than the Bosch ? Wish I'd have checked what one was in there OEM first now. Hopefully once I can get hold of my mates diagnostics kit, clearing the fault will do the trick, if not, hopefully Euro car parts will do an exchange ?

·
Worn Out Member
5,791 Posts
Ive tried that and it didn't do the trick. I got a HAAS one. That was the best one Euro Car Parts had.
If Haas was their best lord knows what the worst one was :whistle: Haas are usually rubbish

·
Premium Member
1,323 Posts
Its like the Circoli thermostats they sell---absolute rubbish---they give you more problems than you are trying to fix----really pays to buy genuine or oem parts for Vauxhall cars-------Dave

·
Registered
108 Posts
get the codes read first..a simple boost leak can lead to triggering a maf code...beware the car partsdarts syndrome lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts