Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
F*****G brilliant!

:D

As always had a hell of a laugh, from the moment I met the convoy at Toddington, to the moment I left Marc on the M1 to take the exit to home. First thing was first we went (okay I drove) to the pub to watch footie with Sy and Trish :)heart: ?) and then back to the campsite for the usual dose of commedy, piss taking and general mucking about before dropping Jimbo and Wannabee off at Sy's mams. I dunno where Marc got his Geordie mates from but they kept comming out with line after line of hillarious random crap :lmao:

Then very little sleep, woke by Andy M and his 100000000000000000000 watt HID lights, then an early detour with the convoy to Silverstone. (I'll just add here I dunno what it is about driving in convoy, but its great!)...Blotto beaks down (as you do) and then we clap eyes on our very limited space and as usual make the most of it, luckily it looks worse than it was in the pics, we made it worked and it wasnt block parking like a carpark, so big hand to Marc and Sharatz for organising people into it as Mark was tied up helping Blotto...oo err.

The show was pretty good really, plenty to see and do, just wish I went on the track. Infact tried to get on the track but the guy selling the tickets buggered off as I managed to get Mark's helmet to fit. Anyway was really goo watching our boys tear the track up, I was green with envy I tell ya!

None the less thanks to Mark (who GAVE me a sprint pass) I got on the drag strip with the SRi and recored a 9.5 seconds flat to 60, with an iffy start and a boot full of crap. VERY happy with that even though at the time I was dissapointed, it was my first ever time 'racing' my car and the SRi was well up for it.

Big thanks too Trish and everyone who I enlisted to cleaning the SRi with me, Steve for the K&N panel filter (will sort some cash out in a bit pal), Mark for just being Mark and giving me my sprint pass. He also bought food and wouldnt accept money for it!

And Simon, for being a good sport when we chavved up his ride. Once again it was just brilliant, didnt want it to end really but such is life. Thanks all for a very VERY good and memorable weekend, these shows now are getting consistently awesome, come rain, shine or whatever, we all make an atmosphere that makes it worth while anyway :)

Top weekend!!

·
Jeff fa faaa
8,454 Posts
What happened to Blotto?
Sounds like a good day was had by all though :up:

·
Premium Member
1,433 Posts
Certainly was a cracker of a weekend :D

·
Premium Member
31,467 Posts
Agree with Mark, very good account, and well done on your 0-60 fella :up:

·
Premium Member
4,028 Posts
cracking account Matt, couldn't have put it better myself, with one exception..........

LSI said:
Sy and Trish :)heart: ?)
I have no idea what you mean.:shake

·
Premium Member
3,845 Posts
cracking account Matt, couldn't have put it better myself, with one exception..........

I have no idea what you mean.:shake
I was wondering about that!! :think

Matt you summed the weekend up perfectly, as usual it was a laugh from first meeting up with everyone :Cool2: Glad you were pleased with your nice shiny car :D Like i told you just keep on waxing and it will look better every time

·
Vxon's car whore
12,318 Posts
yeah, my icv was up the creak but i think it was narrowed down to the pluf near the right hand side of the fuel rail (that one you tweaked mickey ;) ) had a moment on the way back when she cut out, 4 of us on a roundabout so i kicked spud, popped the bonnet, took the plug apart, put it back together and since have had no problems but still needs to be sorted!
Cracking account matt, was an amazing weekend all things considered and as mentioned, even though space was not exactly there, we did really well as usual!

·
Premium Member
10,875 Posts
code 56 as sime woke me up with a phone call at 9am:grrr, did he get it fixed in the end
Cheers for finding the code Andy, u're usually an early bird, was shocked u were still in bed at 9am :bust: ! Micky and Max tried so hard to get on Top Buzz with their phones! :)

Thanks to a certain group of reprobates I got some hilariously strange looks on the way home... :think :grrr

·
I Eat Speed
666 Posts
Thanks to a certain group of reprobates I got some hilariously strange looks on the way home... :think :grrr
That was cause you were embarresing all those evo's and porsche's racing down the motorway when you fell past them as if they were standing still due to all your extra power! :Cool2:

·
Premium Member
10,875 Posts
That was cause you were embarresing all those evo's and porsche's racing down the motorway when you fell past them as if they were standing still due to all your extra power! :Cool2:
All thanks to the Regal sticker...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts