Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

Going to lower my vectra, but can't decide what springs are best/affordable. Also i can't really decide how much to lower it by, i was thinking 40,50, or 60mm, but dont want wheels to rub on arches.

Any recommendations?

Cheers,
Nath

·
Registered
110 Posts
HI, I WOULD'NT GO ANY LOWER THAN 40mm. IF YOU GO ANY LOWER YOU WOULD HAVE ALOT OF NEGATIVE CAMBER. BY THIS I MEAN YOUR WHEELS LYING IN AT THE TOP. ALSO YOUR BRAKING WOULD BE AFFECTED AS LESS OF THE TYRE'S SURFACE WOULD BE IN CONTACT WITH THE ROADS SURFACE. LAST BUT MOST IMPOTANTLY THERES THE ISSUE OF TYRE WEAR, IF YOU LOWER THE CAR TO A GREAT DEGREE THE INNER EDGES OF YOUR TYRES WILL WEAR AT AN AMAZING RATE!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers mate, yeah didnt want to lower it too much. Reason i asked was that i found 50mm eibach lowering springs on ebay for the vectra and currently they are sitting at £16 with no reserve! Will also look out for 40mm springs aswell, cheers for the advice!

Nath

·
Faster Then Your average
137 Posts
CavalierSRIRed said:
Hey folks,

Going to lower my vectra, but can't decide what springs are best/affordable. Also i can't really decide how much to lower it by, i was thinking 40,50, or 60mm, but dont want wheels to rub on arches.

Any recommendations?

Cheers,
Nath

just lowered my 1.6 16v veccy on thursday, put sum spax -40mm springs on, im runnin 17s n they are fine, camber angle has adjusted slightly..... looks mean tho..... 19" rims next for me....

gud luk wid your lowering

·
Registered
9 Posts
If your not wanting to lower it much, and need to do it cheeply, you could always pick up some SRi/GSi springs pretty cheeply, they will give you a 20mm drop

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah think ill lower it about 40, from what ive heard that sounds best and i fancy putting 17's on aswell so its good to know they don't rub. Cheers for all the advice.

·
Qualified lego bricklayer
9,180 Posts
Forgive me if I sound cynical, but what is the point in lowering a 1.6 Vectra?

Something with power I could understand, but a 1.6?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mainly to improve the look of the car, lowered on a nice set of 17's makes a huge difference to most cars. Just want the car to look good until i save up some cash for something with a bit more power.

V

·
0 Posts
Dynamic Dave said:
Forgive me if I sound cynical, but what is the point in lowering a 1.6 Vectra?

Something with power I could understand, but a 1.6?
Not everybody can afford to run sri/gsi's etc.. so why not lower a 1.6 each to there own:Cool2:

·
Registered
240 Posts
At the end of the day, it's all down to personal preference isn't it? And after all, whether you have a little 1.1 engine or a monster V8 lowering the car, firming up the suspension and adding some wider rubber can only add to the handling of the car surely? Laugh if you will, but I fully intend to lower my little 86HP oil burner as soon as I can afford to do so, my daily drive to work is along a fairly fast but rather twisty A road, and from my own personal opinion, firming up and lowering will help stop the pitching from side to side which after a long day can feel quite nausiating at times LOL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts