Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, haven't been on here for a while but am thinking about lowering my combo c van, she's a 2011 with the Z13DTJ engine.
Can I lower it with just springs all round, or do i also need to fit shocks in the rear? I've heard "astra g" shocks being mentioned for the rear, along with corsa c coilovers on the front.
I'm a tiler by trade and mainly it's only my tools that i carry in the back.
Has anyone on here ever lowered their combo, and if so, what setup did they go for?
Thanks in advance. Rooster
[GALLERY=media[ATTACH type="full"]100574[/ATTACH], 181][/GALLERY]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,236 Posts
I have corsa c 1.2 front springs and astra g 2.0 convertible rears, sits too low on 17" penta wheels to have any weight in the back. Not changed my shocks yet (front n/s is leaking so will be doing soon!) Hoping to fit something like koni fronts for a 1.8 sri and astra h vxr rears. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats mine, how it looks with the above springs on.
Nice looking van lad, the alloys look class! I'm running on 15" GM alloys, so your setup might work for me. Astra vxr are rare enough in Ireland, but the astra convertible are more popular, I will check round with scrapyards first. Will be in contact with a shop up the country that sells Eibach kits too, just to see if they'll recommend anything. Would love to change the seats and stick a momo steering wheel in there too, but not sure how it would work come time for my DOE(mot) test, they can be strict enough on mods here at times.
I saw a modded van with what I think were Audi tt mk1 seats in it, they looked well.
Have you any changes made to your interior?

·
Premium Member
2,236 Posts
Cheers pal, iv got recaro buckets in with 4 point harnesses, might swap them for something different as they are pita really! Hoping to get all the back carpeted and try something with the paneling and led logos before truckfest in newark next month. Was it the red TT seats you saw? Its so easy to fit any seats in these!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, the red tt seats, red wouldn't be for me personally. I made up my own bulkhead behind the seats, carpeted it and stuck an Opel logo on it, plus a strip of led lights wired to a separate switch. I carpeted the roof panels at the back also, but with it being my work van I cant afford to have it off the road to work on it. Comfortable seats are a must.

·
VXON's middle-aged lesbian.
29,700 Posts
Given up being an antiques dealer then? ;)

·
VXON's middle-aged lesbian.
29,700 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: vince bolam
1 - 12 of 12 Posts