Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,459 Posts
You don’t have to risk drilling holes if you use the correct tools (see car mechanics magazine issue on their Insignia)
Sadly these Insignia are terrible cars , the last one of our gaffers company taxi Insignia ( 11 plate )as now been scrapped.
We'll have to wash your mouth out with soap young man:ROFLMAO:
Admittedly they are not the most reliable engine for high mileage taxi useage. Most seem OK under 100k, if looked after. Some can make it to 200k. Most taxi's my neck of the woods are 1.6d Octavias with dpf's. Did speak to a taxi fella that had took his to 500k, must have spent a few quid on that mind.
I've owned 3 of these engines, without any major issues. Admittedly I e not took any of them over 100k though. Plenty of other cars generally that would give problems over 100k and a lot less too.
Also as you know the oil pic up seal is a lot cheaper to change on an auto box too.
This engine was also upgraded on the 170bhp (2.0cdti), whisper engines with the addition of adblue.

·
Premium Member
13,459 Posts
Had mine replaced along with getting the clutch and dmf changed. No warning lights just for peace of mind.
There's also a theory that the pick up seal hardens due to previous failed regens, causing diesel ingress into the oil.
I may or may not change mine soon when I have my timing belt/water pump changed at 6 years old with 44k on the clock. Although I usually let my regens finish, before taking the key out of my ignition. As I've fitted a Regen light to my current and all my previous dpf equipped vehicles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Light came on first time two days ago. Yesterday it went in to have the seal changed. Took 3 hours. Fingers crossed all ok. Drives sweet as, no dodgy noises from engine. Time will tell I suppose. Ps the mechanic did the drill thing to get to the two bolts. 63 plate 2.0tdci 71,000

·
Super Moderator
25,569 Posts
Light came on first time two days ago. Yesterday it went in to have the seal changed. Took 3 hours. Fingers crossed all ok. Drives sweet as, no dodgy noises from engine. Time will tell I suppose. Ps the mechanic did the drill thing to get to the two bolts. 63 plate 2.0tdci 71,000
How much were you charged for this work ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
£15 for the seal. Luckily hubby works in a garage. They said would of been about £300 include oil and filter. Seems the price varies quite a bit.

·
Premium Member
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
A gent called Frank at MB Motors over in Keighley comes highly recommended for this job. He charges £200 for normal diesel and £220 for the Bi-Turbo

21 - 28 of 28 Posts