Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great tutorial video to help DIY'ers replace this oil pickup seal on Insignia 2.0 CDTI 160 themselves saving hundreds of £'s on dealer costs. If you get the "Low oil pressure" warning you need to replace this seal before your engine is trashed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well done!

My car didn’t yet had the low-pressure warning.

I let my garage sort it out as a precaution and due to my car doesn’t have the precut holes in gearbox.

Total cost: 7000 SEK, about 600 GBP

Insignia Bi-Turbo 2012, F40 manual gearbox
11 4000km, about 70 000miles

Regards
Niklas

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks Peter but meant the oil pipe pick up rubber seal instead of replacing the whole pump. Would always replace filter, oil and sump seal regardless of any bottom end work

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
Let your fitter know that if there is no holes in the gearbox to undo 2 bolts than he can drill holes in there by himself, that makes this job much easier

Sent from my K10 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
Many people out there.
Start with something like 5-7mm than 10mm just to get to the bolts, than when you take the sump off you can use 13mm

·
Super Moderator
26,859 Posts
Has anyone drilled holes
You don’t have to risk drilling holes if you use the correct tools (see car mechanics magazine issue on their Insignia)
Sadly these Insignia are terrible cars , the last one of our gaffers company taxi Insignia ( 11 plate )as now been scrapped.
First engine had new cylinder head & new DPF after 6 months , 3 months later engine went bang.
Another engine was fitted with the pick up pipe oil seal replaced before it went in , car back on road.
4 months later gearbox went bang so new box plus DMF & clutch fitted , back on road.
All seemed ok for a few months after then the dreaded knocking sound appeared on idle , a week later engine went bang.
He’s not bought anymore Insignia since.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I've had the warning light once one of the mornings low oil pressure stop engine but it hasn't come back on yet after reading, I've learnt the oil pick up seal needs changing would it be advisable to change the oil pump too or just the seal car has done 124,000 I've had it since 40,000 miles its 2013 model 63 reg facelift 6 speed manual any advice will be much appreciated thanks

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Its a lot cheaper getting the seal done rather than having the engine replaced----just had mine done and mine was on 67k--never had any warning lights but it was always in the back of my mind----Dave

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
Hi I've had the warning light once one of the mornings low oil pressure stop engine but it hasn't come back on yet after reading, I've learnt the oil pick up seal needs changing would it be advisable to change the oil pump too or just the seal car has done 124,000 I've had it since 40,000 miles its 2013 model 63 reg facelift 6 speed manual any advice will be much appreciated thanks
Could be too late for yours.
Engine Bottom end need to be inspected as well as big bearings.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts