Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the dreaded low oil pressure message on a cold start after car had been sitting for about 24 hours, about 5c outside. though I shut off the engine and restarted and it didn't come back on, engine is idling as normal, no knocks, no noises. I drove it for about 10 minutes to the shops and back. no noises still. all running normal. shut off engine and let it sit for 30 mins. restarted. no message, oil level on dipstik on max, no leaks under the car. nothing.

I don't really wanna be paying out for a new sump seal if thats the case, how can i be 100% sure its a glitch or sensor rather than the seal? really low on money so really do not have any funds to fix the seal...

Insiniga 2.0 CDTI 130hp, 2010. 128k miles.

Oil filter replaced at 122k miles and oil changed at 127k miles after I purchaced the car a few weeks ago

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
You can't be sure it isn't the seal and most likely it IS the seal.....you have been warned!!! There's a really good guy at MB Motors in Keighly that does the job for £180, he's called Frank and comes highly recomended and has done loads of these. I appreciate it's a lot of money but small change if your engine siezes after only just buying it

·
Premium Member
1,316 Posts
Frank done the seal on mine last year----he knows these cars inside out and won't rob you with his prices---if you are getting the message then it won't matter how many oil and filter changes you do as when the seal eventually go's you can say goodbye to the engine-------Dave

·
Registered
9 Posts
Change the seal!. If the weather warms up it might not come back on. Mine came on just the once spring 2019 on a cold frosty morning and said to myself if it came on again would change seal. It didn't BUT before this winter changed seal. Did it myself. You can see difference in seals with the old one being hard. Car is 2011 with 140K miles

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Message hasn't came on since it happened but I'm gonna be looking around for places that can change it as soon as I can. sadly due to the whole virus stuff going on I've just lost my job as the company collapsed so I'm skint. Sadly Keighly is a massive drive from me, as I'm from down south.

·
Premium Member
1,316 Posts
Frank in Keighley even has customers from abroad who go to him with their cars, he knows so much about these cars and engines and after hearing about him myself I had him do mine, he is a nice fella too and won't take your eyes out with his charges, I now know a lot of lads on other forums who have and will be using him----he is a lot cheaper than a new engine ---Dave

·
Premium Member
14,095 Posts
Frank in Keighley even has customers from abroad who go to him with their cars, he knows so much about these cars and engines and after hearing about him myself I had him do mine, he is a nice fella too and won't take your eyes out with his charges, I now know a lot of lads on other forums who have and will be using him----he is a lot cheaper than a new engine ---Dave
Good to know in the event I need mine doing, as he's only 75 miles from me. I have an auto too, so should be a bit easier. Not had the light yet, fingers crossed, although my J has only covered 46k from new.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
update on my motor, not good news really, day before it went into the garage it developed a loud whine when accelerating/slowing down, regardless of being in netruel and the clutch down.

Oil sump pickup seal being replaced
Diff bearings being changed
Pinion bearings being changed
Oil pump being changed due to leaking
Power steering pump being changed due to leaking

quite an expensive job. but its being done so im hoping it'll last me afterwards

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dont mean to hijack the thread just abit of information.

If the light comes on and everyone says not to drive it how do you get the car to the garage, pay for a delivery service?

I wouldnt want to risk anymore damage to my motor.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,316 Posts
That would be the best option, unless you can get it towed there, don't want to be starting the car really as that will cost you a lot more money---Dave

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
just got the motor back, pickup seal all done and changed, gearbox fitted with new bearings, power steering pump changed so no more grinding noises, she's running like an aboslute dream

·
Registered
4 Posts
just got the motor back, pickup seal all done and changed, gearbox fitted with new bearings, power steering pump changed so no more grinding noises, she's running like an aboslute dream
Thats great news mate, how much did that set you back in the end?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts