Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

Low Fuel warning light

4K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  krowlands 
#1 ·
I have recently bought a Astra 1.4 merit L Reg.
Where on the instrument cluster is the low fuel warning light and also can you tell me the approx position of where the fuel gauge needle would be when the light should come on.
I have seen the needle right at the bottom of the red area but no light has shown.

#4 ·
like glennyboy said you won't have a light on a merit, i think they only had them on the higher spec astras(sport's, gsi's etc)

mine got one and it comes on just on the top of the red, 30 miles left according to the mfd.

#6 ·
When I drained my astra 2l DTi diesel tank (The fuel light came on as it allways did when it reached the red segment and I would top up soon after, but not this time engine cut out knowing how unreliable the vauxhall fuel gauges seem to be I thought I had run out (bad mistake on the Y 20 DTH lump) so I stuck a gallon in out of a can it done several miles before cutting out again, I thought it might have been crap in the fuel although I thought the can was clean. I took the bung out of the tank under the rear seats and drained the tank from the fuel sensor flange with the low fuel light on and the pointer just on the red segment) I got around 5 gallons out. The tank was dry as you can get your hand through the hole to wipe the inside of tank

#7 ·
Dont have fuel warning lights on the merits.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.