Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O'rite me jubblies,

Got a crappy sound coming out of my 2003 Vectra C 2.0L DTi Elite,

I was literally on my way to take it for its MOT when about 100M away from the place it started making this loud clicking/tapping noise, the engine was warm as it had been out and about quite a bit that day, but not drag racing the thing... The car still drove ok...

Anyway, I pulled into the garage and they ran diagnostics and it came up with a crank/crankshaft misalignment... Timing?

They had a little look over the day but were unable to spot an issue, they noticed that the problem only occurred when the engine was warm though...

Any ideas what it might be?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It sounded like hell at the time, it was running in usual time, revs etc, the service light came on, and it seemed like someone was hitting the engine block with a hammer in time with it, does that seem like a possible outcome of a dodgy sensor? You're a diamond if that's the case mate!

·
Premium Member
14,201 Posts
Yes mate it does, the only way the ecu can correctly fuel the car is by knowing the position of the crankshaft, crank sensor failure is common to this engine and will cause diesel knock and eventually non start. If you replace the sensor buy genuine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts