Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,
its that time when my astra starts to play up! it started when i as driving on m1 back from london as i got to sheffield i put my foot down to over take fully down on floor started to speed up revs climbing, and all of a sudden it was like a bit jumb and loss of power for no longer than 4 seconds happened few more times but once to leeds was fine, next day it starts again but only at high revs just a sudden drop in power when on gas.
today 22/2/11 went to work 15 mile journey and power is very low sometimes i think im just used to the car and doesnt seem as quick any more but i know there is something up as im having to change gear in higher revs e.g setting off at lights in 1st change to 2nd at 4000 rpm and it struggles to pick up speed.
i have done some mods-
de cat
back box 4 inch bore
de ristricted air box
problems which i know of:
oil leak from cam area not sure how bad
and little hole in air box
its an astra 1.8 16v sport 113 bhp model xe engine
could it be egr valve? throttle body? air flow sensor? also think it needs servicing as air filter is looking a bit black and have misplaced service history
any help please :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sounds like the coil pack to me!
This happened to me constantly on my old Mk4 Astra and 3 changes of the coil pack sorted it out for a while, they dont last very long.
No power on pulling away, a few seconds later and the car shoots off, usually followed by the management light flickering on and off.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
power loss

thats what i have been told already, but there is no eml coming on did a diagnostic today no codes found, could it just need a good service?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts