Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. i started to notice that my meriva is constantly losing coolant without noticeable leaks. i know previous owner was using water instead of coolant. i think it might be blown gasket and wondering if k seal or something similar would help

·
Premium Member
1,884 Posts
Get a presher check on cooling system, and if got any pink antifreeze knocking about put some in and it make life easy when looking for a leak.

·
Premium Member
1,884 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Super Moderator
26,850 Posts
yep the water pump is broken so now need to see how much will cost to replace
What engine ?
Basically , it will need emptying out of all the coolant & a new water pump fitting & a new cam belt fitted if driven by the belt , fresh new coolant filled back in & away you go.
Around my neck of the woods it would cost around £270.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What engine ?
Basically , it will need emptying out of all the coolant & a new water pump fitting & a new cam belt fitted if driven by the belt , fresh new coolant filled back in & away you go.
Around my neck of the woods it would cost around £270.
I've been quoted 130 to fit new pump and cooland and they said dont need a new cam belt

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
I've been quoted 130 to fit new pump and cooland and they said dont need a new cam belt
You still haven't told us what engine is fitted!
If the pump is driven off the cam belt, then now is the time to change the cam belt.
If the pump is driven by the auxilliary belt, then the garage is correct, the cam belt doesn't have to be renewed, but it's a good time to change it if it's nearly due.

Reactions: Fred Bassett

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You still haven't told us what engine is fitted!
If the pump is driven off the cam belt, then now is the time to change the cam belt.
If the pump is driven by the auxilliary belt, then the garage is correct, the cam belt doesn't have to be renewed, but it's a good time to change it if it's nearly due.
sorry the car is 2007 vauxhall meriva 1.4 16v tvinport

1 - 14 of 14 Posts