Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Veccy V6 is loosing around a pint of coolant every six weeks. I've had it down to my local mechanic who can't find any leaks in the system. He's alo done a sniffer test which has come back fine. Any ideas?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Head gasket sounds like to me, Steamy ex, or white gunk in oil cap two sre sign's, Get leak detecteter and put in cooling system for head gaskets?? goes in pink and if it turns blue gasket failed,

·
Registered
4 Posts
:rolleyes: The leak could also be the oil cooler located in the middle of the 'V' of the engine. the gasket leaks and water seaps out but you dont always c any obvious leaks! If u take off the inlet plenum any signs of water will mean this is the culprit.

J

·
0 Posts
What about the heater matrix - have you any strange smells inside the car. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are no strange smells and the heating system is all working fine so I don't think it's the heater matrix. There's no white gunk in the oil filler cap either and i haven't noticed anything unusual from the exhaust.
I'm leaning towards this oil cooler idea deanb mentions. Can you give me any more info as to how I can to this as I've not heard of it before.
cheers for the help

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just been reading through posts my insignia loose ing coolant no obvious signs when car is stood but heating system is hot one day and then cooler on another day could that be the heating matrix system and if so how do I fix it.

any help much appreciate it

·
Super Moderator
26,831 Posts
If the coolant level drops too low then there isn’t enough coolant flowing through the matrix to transfer the heat off coolant passing through hence the cold air & no heat entering the cabin.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts