Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thinking of changing the struts in the front end, and lowering my 2.5td a shade, anyone know if the 3.0mv6 or simlar struts would be any better, or am i better going for something sports, like koni etc,,Thanks in advance,,

·
Registered
73 Posts
Mines been lowered 120mm front 150mm rear though this is more for looks than handling as it make the back pretty twitchy in the wet. that is with a shock and spring kit .they are progressive springs so the ride is bearable but it has to be said it has made her really really good on motorway feels very stable

·
Registered
466 Posts
Are you serious? 150mm in the rear! The arch must be in line with the wheel bolts, I don't think my MV6 would be able to move cos the chassis would be sitting on the tarmac :D

I know the MV6 springs are stiffer and lower, not sure what the strut difference is. Good aftermarket will almost certainly be better, but possibly expensive.

·
Registered
114 Posts
The springs on the MV6 are the same as the normal Omegas, it is the struts and shocks which are shorter and stiffer as I discovered when I was looking at modifying mine.

Steve

·
Registered
73 Posts
i' got the 16" ronal wheels on her but it has taken some work to clear the inner arches front and rear no scrub at all on the outer arch.But its not as low as you might think got to remember v6 cdx did have a habbit of looking like 4x4's lol
the biggest problem is the camber ,the front is marginally adjustable but the rear isn't

·
Registered
466 Posts
The springs on the MV6 are the same as the normal Omegas, it is the struts and shocks which are shorter and stiffer as I discovered when I was looking at modifying mine.

Steve
Struts wouldn't change the ride height unless they had some kind of levelling device to pressurise them (fitted to the rear on some models but not the front). Or if they were seriously stiff, but that's pretty unlikely.

Standard MV6 springs are marginally lower and stiffer compared with other models. The difference is something like 15mm so probably barely noticable (and quite possibly unnoticable off the car without the weight to settle them), but shortening the shocks on standard springs would make no sense as the spring travel would be the same.

·
Registered
114 Posts
The struts and shocks have a shorter body thus lowering the ride height according to the info I received previously.

Spring travel will be limited by the length of stroke and the valving in the shock/strut.

Steve

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.