Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

So I recently just purchased a wicked little Corsa 1.7 DTI for £500, only 60k miles on the clock.

However, I want to do some work with it but I've never tuned/modded a car before.

Things like Alloys I don't have a problem with looking into however, when it comes to performance I have no clue, the general aim is to just boost the performance of this car in general.

Where can I find exhausts, dump valves etc for my car? And how do I get into remapping it etc.

Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Thanks in adance.

·
Premium Member
2,109 Posts
Leave the the chav valve, no point on a diesel,you should get a 'choo' from the exhaust with a less restrictive exhaust. you can get a stainless exhaust built on the car for around £500, as for re-map have a good look for a reputable company in your area.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks mate, I'm having troubles looking for a decent company if I'm honest but I'll keep looking.

May be one of those things where I might have to travel some miles to get there, I live around the Northampton area so I'll probably end up going to Birmingham or something

·
Rascal
12,197 Posts
They certainly used to, but they might have changed their area of work.

In all honesty I don't know how much can be done to the 1.7 diesels. You might be able to get a tuning box plugged in which would be a good starting point perhaps?

·
Premium Member
2,109 Posts
Thanks mate, I'm having troubles looking for a decent company if I'm honest but I'll keep looking.

May be one of those things where I might have to travel some miles to get there, I live around the Northampton area so I'll probably end up going to Birmingham or something
A good tuner is worth travelling for.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts