Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Don't be afraid it's only nuts and bolts
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is hunting then clears,and from checking on here put it down to scv,Tried finding the answer wether my pump takes the small or long scv as i can get a genuine one cheap ,anyone know? As im confusing myself

·
16,186 Posts
Is that a photo of what you have?
I ask because the Astra typically uses the Bosch system which uses the short SCV and the Denso system is fitted to Corsa and Meriva and uses the long SCV.
But that photo shows a Denso part.
I have no idea if you could actually fit the "wrong" one so I would just go with replacing what you have with the same if it was running fine at some time before. The difference is big enough to easily tell which one you have - just look at a few on eBay to see what I mean.

Reactions: Dvaltd

·
Worn Out Member
8,423 Posts
The part number 98092467 is for the hp pump not the scv,
the scv that matches is 55582723,and looks like a short one,
as Koil pointed out, that is the Denso system and that particular one is fitted to the Astra J and Meriva B A17DT range of engines.
If that's not correct and you need one for a different car post the details and i'll see if i can figure out what you need.

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
Make sure you get a genuine GM one not a genuine denso one as cheap grade.

On my 1.7 zafira I just kept to esso and shell fuel and problem disappeared.

Was really bad on Morrison’s and asda fuel

·
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah that a picture of my car,this is where i was getting confused as ive read post that certain cars got long some didnt and best way to find out is post a picture of my pump and someone will know if its short or long,mines done it since ive owned it and sounds bad on idle when cold but will clear after a hour of running and be spot on

·
Worn Out Member
8,423 Posts
In that case you want the one i posted the number for Dave 👍

·
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Top man thanks lads be ordering it today

1 - 8 of 8 Posts