Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok finally i got me leads today made to length.
and heres a picture of the bracket and where the dispak now sits.
Just need to thread lock the bolt as i used the bolt that holds the cam cover in. just used a longer bolt to secure the bracket ive made for the dispak.
cheap nasty but very effective.

here we go!!

Not a bad job all in all! altho i do need to get a nice connector for the wires i extended the dispak with!
:)
:bananasmi

·
Registered
96 Posts
thats the hammer, good job chris. You DO realise mine will want doing in the coming months :Cool2: :lmao: :lmao:

that'll learn ya to be smart :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
thats a good job, well done. with the leads being so close together dosent it cause running problems? i was told once that the cables always had to be seperated and never touch but didnt know why.

·
Premium Member
7,328 Posts
Excellent work, are you going to write a how2?

What did you have to remove to be able to remove the dis pac, also how did you lengthen the connector?

R

·
0 Posts
Can I spoil the party by saying I hate it?

Good job, but not for me. I hate where the DIS pack is at the moment, but it aint going to get any moisture on it back there. At the end of the day, how often do you need access to the Dis pack anyway? Once every car change I reckon.

Don't get me wrong, I admire what you have achieved. But if I bought your car I would want it changed back to how it was.

Sorry.:shame:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it was done purely as the first dispak is knackerd.
So the new one i got hold of went somewhere else. Tbh its function over style. I bought the car as a work horse to tow my trailer. If any time theres a problem with leads or dispak it now makes life easier at the road side. ;)

original place was just silly tbh. what were vaux thinking??

R

·
0 Posts
I agree. And it where you have put it is much more accessible. When VX put the DIS pack there, you can be sure it was outside the car. Once in they probably thought 'F**K it, they'll have to manage somehow!'.:lmao:

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
also any coolant leaks wont drip onto it being at the front instead of under coolant pipes

1 - 9 of 9 Posts