Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
The Resident Evil
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
rite my mate has been locked out of his 2.0l omega estate its the cd model on a "94" plate. the dead lock is on, the key dont work in the door. can someone pls pm me with an answer thank you

·
Premium Member
6,377 Posts
try some wd40 in the door barrel,the locks do seize due to lack of use,my omega did it,worked fine after a good spaying

·
Registered
348 Posts
call the AA/RAC or an auto locksmith. make sure you have proof it is your car/mates car with you before they turn up. they dont just go around unlocking every car. lol

good luck.

·
Registered
99 Posts
rite my mate has been locked out of his 2.0l omega estate its the cd model on a "94" plate. the dead lock is on, the key don't work in the door. can someone pls pm me with an answer thank you
You've probably sorted it by now, but the only time I got locked out of my 96 elite in this way, in was a flat battery.

·
Banned
221 Posts
You should still be able to get in through the boot.
If it is a dead battery then you can replace once in.
If it is the battery, though, you'll need to figure out why it died so suddenly.

·
Registered
86 Posts
This happened to me I got in by turning the key hard (it almost felt like it would break..it didn't) like I said it worked for me but you do have to apply a lot of pressure to the key..worth a try.

Gord.

·
Flibblemeister General
1,328 Posts
Had this with my S reg one a while ago. In the end I forced the key while pulling up the door handle and it unlocked the drivers door without the button going up. I then connected a spare battery, opened the window then locked and unlocked the car with the remote again to get things back in sync.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts