Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

161 - 174 of 174 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,857 Posts
Nah, like the power when I sink the right foot too much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Remember electric cars accelerate faster than conventional engines , i watched an jaguar ipace destroy an Audi RS the other day by the time the Audi driver had selected second gear the jag had gone.

Reactions: Boroboy

·
Super Moderator
26,857 Posts
The Audi will keep going tho after the ipace runs out of charge!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think with the speed that Ipace showed us , the owner was back home in his garden enjoying a beer whilst his sausages grilled on the barbecue lol 😂

·
Premium Member
15,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
I've noticed car manufacturers are hotting up their advertising to buy electric of recent. Offering bigger discounts on buying new electric cars.

·
Super Moderator
26,857 Posts
I've noticed car manufacturers are hotting up their advertising to buy electric of recent. Offering bigger discounts on buying new electric cars.
BMW have revealed details of their up & coming M5 all electric offering due out early 2023.
BMW are making sure there in a good position to take full advantage of the new technology & in the process sell cars.
No car manufacturer can afford to miss the charge to electric motor propulsion as it could leave them too far behind & out of touch & out of business.

·
Super Moderator
26,857 Posts
BMW are in the news again , this time trying to get the uk government to reverse their decision on the banning of hybrid only vehicles.
BMW reckon their latest hybrid vehicles can run uninterrupted on electric power only in big cities & towns without the need for the combustion engine to come in to play.
They say that in London & Birmingham the BMW hybrids can automatically swap to battery only.
They state this will mean zero emissions when driven in built up areas & for that reason hybrids should not be banned.

·
Premium Member
15,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #169
BMW have revealed details of their up & coming M5 all electric offering due out early 2023.
BMW are making sure there in a good position to take full advantage of the new technology & in the process sell cars.
No car manufacturer can afford to miss the charge to electric motor propulsion as it could leave them too far behind & out of touch & out of business.
I think the government are trying to use a stick without a "big carrot", try to persuade us to go electric, at the moment it's not working.
50% off a new one and a 150 mile usable radius I may consider one.
Even with 50% off, it wouldn't be an I-Pace though:ROFLMAO:

·
Super Moderator
26,857 Posts
I think the government are trying to use a stick without a "big carrot", try to persuade us to go electric, at the moment it's not working.
50% off a new one and a 150 mile usable radius I may consider one.
Even with 50% off, it wouldn't be an I-Pace though:ROFLMAO:
We’ll see a two tier motoring class on our roads for a while after 2035 , those that can afford the cleaner faster more modern cars & those who cannot justify in their head the need or want for the new technology.
A bit like mobile phones , many didn’t want or need smart phones as all you do is make calls anyway it’s just phone isn’t it ?
Switch 13 years forwards & if you haven’t got a smartphone people are gobsmacked , “ You been living in a cave this last 13 years ? “

·
Premium Member
15,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #171 (Edited)
We’ll see a two tier motoring class on our roads for a while after 2035 , those that can afford the cleaner faster more modern cars & those who cannot justify in their head the need or want for the new technology.
A bit like mobile phones , many didn’t want or need smart phones as all you do is make calls anyway it’s just phone isn’t it ?
Switch 13 years forwards & if you haven’t got a smartphone people are gobsmacked , “ You been living in a cave this last 13 years ? “
I'd make the comparison more between Apple or Android operating system, I have the Android system:ROFLMAO:Neither do I think battery operated cars will be the long term solution. Just what governments are now pushing for.

·
Super Moderator
26,857 Posts
I'd make the comparison more between Apple or Android operating system, I have the Android system:ROFLMAO:Neither do I think battery operated cars will be the long term solution. Just the way governments are now pushing for.
I’ve got both systems lol 😂
iOS is more user friendly with easier interaction between user & device.
However Android is getting better , my new Fire 8HD 64GB tablet is much easier to use & navigate the functions compared to the earlier models.
Android are finally getting on board with the old saying , “ Simplicity is beauty “

·
Premium Member
15,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #173
I’ve got both systems lol 😂
iOS is more user friendly with easier interaction between user & device.
However Android is getting better , my new Fire 8HD 64GB tablet is much easier to use & navigate the functions compared to the earlier models.
Android are finally getting on board with the old saying , “ Simplicity is beauty “
I liked the Android Auto function within the Astra K, hooked up with Google maps. I've always had Android's, easy to use.
Regarding the government encouraging us to go electric, wouldn't be hard. They'll just slap more tax onto the cost of fuel:ROFLMAO:Maybe they'll start with diesel first. On balance I think my next car would be petrol:ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
981 Posts
To be fair out of all electric vehicles currently available tesla makes the most sense because of their charging network around the country but in my eyes even Renault Zoe "looks" better and the cost is just silly.

Will stick to diesel for at least the next 3 cars. . .

But might consider petrol after mazdas new concept engine which "behaves" or operates like a diesel looking at the piston cycle, fuel consumption should be a lot better than conventional petrol but not quite diesel. . .

161 - 174 of 174 Posts