Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well as of the update to the testing manual LED bulbs are not ok for mot now,this is direct from the book and this years cpd is not a easy one.

Existing halogen headlamp units should not be converted to be used with high intensity discharge (HID) or light emitting diode (LED) bulbs. If such a conversion has been done, you must fail the headlamp.

·
Premium Member
12,276 Posts
well as of the update to the testing manual LED bulbs are not ok for mot now,this is direct from the book and this years cpd is not a easy one.

Existing halogen headlamp units should not be converted to be used with high intensity discharge (HID) or light emitting diode (LED) bulbs. If such a conversion has been done, you must fail the headlamp.
Is this all bulbs, meaning does this include side/parking light as well.

·
14,553 Posts
Looks like I will popping ordinary bulbs in for just the test then.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is this all bulbs, meaning does this include side/parking light as well.
it's just headlights at the moment the one i am expecting to be added soon is the over bright led number plate lights that show to much white light to the rear,as some are so bright you don't see the plate

·
14,553 Posts
Does "headlights" mean both dip and main beam or just the dip beam bulb?

Reactions: Boroboy

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does "headlights" mean both dip and main beam or just the dip beam bulb?
from what i have had a quick look at in work is just dip beam,as that is the only light that we can test the beam aim on,but will see what dvsa say as they cant evan make there minds up over stuff,as shock dampning is back in test.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, passed today with 'modified' side (position) lamps and front fog lamps as LED.

'Stock' (nightbreaker) Dip HID and main beam.
they are not headlights as said so irelevent comment

·
Premium Member
15,889 Posts
So theoretically if you retro fit led headlight bulbs, would your insurance company pay up in the event of an accident? If the accident occurred at night. As strictly speaking your cars not mot legal.
I've upgraded my halogens, but just for slightly brighter halogens. Obviously LED's are far superior, especially on dip.

·
Super Moderator
27,256 Posts
About time the authorities clamped down these over bright silly HID kits , i get fed up of being blinded by the intense white light outs from such vehicles fitted with the super bright white lights , especially dangerous around bends.
If they can’t see then they need an eye test.
Sorry , rant over lol 😂

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
About time the authorities clamped down these over bright silly HID kits , i get fed up of being blinded by the intense white light outs from such vehicles fitted with the super bright white lights , especially dangerous around bends.
If they can’t see then they need an eye test.
Sorry , rant over lol 😂
It's some of these new cars they are way to bright, due to we're I live I can do a lot of country back roads and as you said the on coming lights not safe almost blind you.hids kits be am a mot fail a few yrs back its now led ones in dip beam.

·
Worn Out Member
7,093 Posts
That reminds me,i really must get round to fitting the 100% brighter Lidl H7 halogens i bought a couple of years ago,
i bought them for my H but the K definitely needs them as well :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
15,889 Posts
k definitely needs them as well :rolleyes:
Agree:ROFLMAO:Halogens were hopeless, especially on dip. You'd have thought that all K's were fitted with LEDs from new, to match the DRL's. If I buy another K, think I'll shove the Halogen Elite bulbs in that I have within my J now, they're nice and white, would match the DRL's well. That's if I could buy them in H7's, not checked yet. I found the Osram Lazer breakers still yellow looking and more than double the price. The Elite bulbs have lasted well too. Also unusually made within the U.K.
They're a lot whiter looking than my blue glass DRL bulbs, which still look yellow.

·
Worn Out Member
7,093 Posts
I can't remember how much the Lidl ones were now,i bought 3 sets so obviously quite reasonable,
i recall them getting good reviews on the forum at the time,never did get round to fitting any of then though :rolleyes:

·
14,553 Posts
They were only about a fiver.
Fitted them in our Touran and well worth doing.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts