Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today a new fault :grrr

The drivers door central locking motor is too feeble (just) to quite pop the lock.
Sometimes it almost does it and a tug on the door handle is enough, other times it's not quite enough.

Do I really need a new motor or will a strip down and lube be fine?

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
if your going to strip it down you may as well replace it, i got to do my passenger side sometime

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
New motor, take the old one with you when buying your new one. There are 2 different connections, 1 rectangular and 1 oval

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
Nope, as the bar that connects to the locking mechanism is attached to the motor. The motor wiring is also part of the alarm system, with the plug disconnected you will find that the dashboard alarm light will not come on. For some strange reason Vauxhall even connected it to the interior light door switch too, all on the one loom. I suppose that's got something to do with the Thatchman 1 standard alarm system.

·
Registered
761 Posts
this is about the fourth one of these i have read, and now i have the same issue - - solenoid is it? anyone have any idea of the cost here? ? ?

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm thinking my mechanism is just a bit stiff. The drivers door hinge recently seized up too.

Manually pulling the lock tab up and down is quite hard.

I think a strip down and lube might be worth a try.

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Right, I removed the door card using the excellent How2.

I was all a bit dry and corroded up in there. So cleaned all the pivot points and linkages with WD40 then loaded it all up with grease.

All seems a bit smoother now and is working OK. Just need to see if it lasts....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts