Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Trisexual
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
  • Having sorted the knocking from the rear, the suspension now squeaks
  • When going round sharp corners, there is a screeching from the fromt (and no its not the tyres)
  • The computer in the dash seems to turn itself off
  • The passenger seat is creaking every time the car moves
  • The airbag surround in the B pillar has come loose and keeps clicking
Any help would be greatly appreciated, because its gonna be more than I get from Vauxhall :grrr

·
Trisexual
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Come on you lot, you can't really leave me in the hands of a Vauxhall mechanic who doesn't know what anti-roll bar bushes are can you?

·
Premium Member
10,875 Posts
Take the car to the dealership u got it from, park it right up next to a high-end car on their forecourt and torch the cnut.

·
Trisexual
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Take the car to the dealership u got it from, park it right up next to a high-end car on their forecourt and torch the cnut.
Like that bloke did to his 307?

The computer seems to have sorted itself out, and the airbag surround is fixed thanks to me hitting his very hard a few times, but in True Vauxhall style as soon as I've sorted those things there are two more problems.

Firstly the rear left door rattles like, well, a Vauxhall. Also the rear leccy windows have taken to letting themsleves down at will, which completely buggers up the climate control :shake

·
Premium Member
10,875 Posts
Firstly the rear left door rattles like, well, a Vauxhall. Also the rear leccy windows have taken to letting themsleves down at will, which completely buggers up the climate control :shake
The ingenius Cam Bus strikes again... :eh

·
Premium Member
10,875 Posts
The what?
It's the new wiring system they use on the new Vauxhalls, basically instead of having lots of wires and relays, it uses a few wires and sends a signal to a computer which carries out the function, eg, the soft switching indicators send a signal depending on how u push the lever to do 3 flashes or set flashing until the steering wheel goes straight. Also enables the features such as the numberplate lights when u unlock and turns the dash lights on when the drivers door's open, keeps the headlights on for a set time at night after u lock up so u can see the front door etc.

Very good until it goes wrong, and then it's expensive... :shake

·
Trisexual
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So what models yours then to have leccy rear windows and climate mate
It doesn't have a model. Its a company car, and to aviod cc tax we order a mid range one then get a dealer in Wales to rip everything out, including the interior and suspension etc, after registration, thus turning it into an SRi. I asked for climate control as an extra, and I got it.

·
Banned
1,028 Posts
Hmmmmmm I think I'm beginning to see what's happening here, a Welsh dealer converts suspension and interior into SRi spec, and what is mostly wrong with your car? Suspension and interior? Could your problems possibly be the result of the company conversion work?

·
Trisexual
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ah, what I forgot to add is that they don't do any of this literally, that's what officially happens. I don't know quite how it works, but the car starts off as an SRi, but officially its a design or club with loads of options. Just like what Subaru do to pass emissions tests.

·
Trisexual
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
My latest thought is that it was put together by work experience kids, because I've been in other astras and they seem solid. ******!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts