Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new to the forum. I’m having a problem with the lambda sensor on my car, this all started when my engine was about to stall at a roundabout but I caught it and dropped the clutch and it bounced back into life, next thing the EML was on. I checked the diagnostic code and it was P0136 and P0141 that the rear lambda sensor was faulty on the heating and sensor circuits. I changed the sensor but that didn’t solve the problem, checked the fuse and that was fine too. I then took it to get a service and MoT and the garage looked at it as well, so they also changed the sensor and did wiring checks on the circuits and have found nothing wrong in the wiring and the ECU itself is fine, the car passed its MoT through a technicality as the code is cleared and then the light won’t come back on until after another two restarts or so. They said to try a Vauxhall garage who’s excuse of “it might be because it’s not a genuine Vauxhall part” didn’t fly with me plus the fee of £365 to replace a £50 component was taking the Michael, alas they checked the circuits as well and confirmed nothing was wrong, what could be causing this problem and how can I fix it, live data from the sensor is showing 1.275v when just started then after warm up straight down to 0v with some fluctuation of 0.15v but staying mostly at 0v. The engine isn’t making any untoward noises. It passed emissions at MoT time, the cat isn’t falling apart, fuel consumption Hasn’t changed either.

·
Premium Member
16,189 Posts
That voltage isn't right at all. What sensor does it have fitted? Is it genuine or aftermarket. If aftermarket what brand is it?

I've seen loads of aftermarket ones wired incorrectly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was a Bosch one that was on it when it failed. I then used an eBay special to replace it, not sure what the garage replaced that one with though, I’ll get it up on ramps and have a look this week coming

·
Premium Member
16,189 Posts
When you get it up on ramps get some photos of the connector. I need to see what colour wires are on the lambda plug. Once I know what colour they are I can check it out but given the symptoms, codes and voltage I'd say there's a good chance its wired wrong in which case it will either need replacing or swap the wires about to the correct configuration.

I need a picture like this showing connector and wire colours. I had to match the numbers for it to work

FB_IMG_1528212181201.jpg

This sensor was a delphi from ebay. More like a delphini from china

1 - 4 of 4 Posts