Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi folks
first post here but been reading and learning for a while

i had my engine diagnosed as the warning light came on..and was told it was the lambda sensor..my question is how many does may car have..i can see the one in the engine manifold and i was going to replace this with a universal one,but some i person said there are two on my car some say one ant help wouls be great

my car is a y reg 2001 vectra 1.816v
also does any one know the spanner size and easiest way to change it..or is there a how to on this

thanks

·
Premium Member
5,296 Posts
hi folks
first post here but been reading and learning for a while

i had my engine diagnosed as the warning light came on..and was told it was the lambda sensor..my question is how many does may car have..i can see the one in the engine manifold and i was going to replace this with a universal one,but some i person said there are two on my car some say one ant help wouls be great

my car is a y reg 2001 vectra 1.816v
also does any one know the spanner size and easiest way to change it..or is there a how to on this

thanks
i would think you would only have 1 lambda sensor

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi some vectra's have two sensors in the exhaust but there is not two lambda. if yours is the one with two one will be on the exhaust manifold which is the lambda sensor and underneath the car just after the cat there is another one witch this one tells the ecu that the cat is working properly.

woody

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the replys....the guy at the garage said the fault showd lamba lean mix...what ever that means...do you guyd think universal sensors are ok or do you have any recomendations

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i dont suppose theres a how to on changing lambda sensor is there?,or if any one could post some quick tips..looks easy enough but there is restricted spanner space with the end of mine hitting the radiator and also there is not much space to get the spanner on,,,is it ok to remove the silver cover off the manifold..sorry these are basic questions for you guys but i am keen to learn

·
VXon Frontera Monkey
9,882 Posts
Hi i think they are a 22mm nut and they are both lambda sensors one in front and one behind the cat if the fault is lean or rich then i would go for a temp sensor first not a lambda
regards
Steve

1 - 10 of 10 Posts