Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,I have run my 16v sri with a de cat pipe for a couple of years and i just wondered if any of you know that i should have done anything with the sensor,ie take it out or replace it with anything.
Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
I have a similar setup - best to leave the lambda sensor where it is - don't know what happens if you take it off, but I guess the engine management wouldn't be too happy 'cos I think the ECU uses data from the sensor to adjust fuelling etc.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I used to have a beloved mk 2 Sri saloon 1.8 which ran great. For some reason I decided to fit a motor from a later (crashed) 2.0 Calibra (C20NE) from Spain(!). My original engine/car was old enough not to need a cat but the replacement motor was fitted with one plus all the gubbins needed to make it work. I did the swap but didnt want to run with the cat. Right..deep breath..the 2.0 air flow meter held the key so to speak with regards to what I needed to do to loose the cat/o2 senser etc. I looked at the wiring diagrams for both cars and the 1.8 afm had a trim pot that is used to alter the idle mixture. The 2.0 one with cat does not. Also, there is at least one pin out on the ecu that must be grounded if you use the afm with trim pot etc. I sourced an afm that could be used (with trim pot) from a really helpful guy in Hull who owned a diagnostics garage, Heinz I think it was. One trip to another place (Boggies anyone?) and that was that. Sorry its a bit long but maybe it will help a bit. shaun.

G

·
Cat is after the lambda sensor, so lambda sensor doesn't know or care if there's a cat or not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.