Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick question to find out if anyone has had any similar problems.....my 2.2dti vectra's management light comes on most journeys now and loses power. Feels as if its lost the power from the turbo. Just dont want to have to pay vauxhall £90 for it to go onto tech-2. I've been told of a problem with the fuel pumps on the petrols, but i dont think thats the problem because it doesnt go into limp home mode, and still does 70mph no problem....just a big bit sluggish.

any help or ideas wud be appreciated.

thnx

·
Premium Member
13,088 Posts
vaccum leak's mostly,check all the little black pipe's & rubber connection's in the engine bay, anything loose of cracked need's replacing,also low engine oil level's can cause havoc as they need the correct oil level to maintain vaccum.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was unfortunate enough to own one of these a few years back an 03 2-2 dti Sri auto... I had a similar issue & if you take the engine cover off there's a big rubber hose just left of centre, mine had a 3" split in it resulting in low turbo pressure !

Just a thought, the dealer had it for 3 days, couldn't find the problem so just turned the turbo up to compensate !!!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
only thing is though mate, a friend has the 2.0di and has got the same problem, You think thats the problem then mate? I'll check the hoses anyway..

thnx

·
Premium Member
563 Posts

·
Well-Known User.
4,290 Posts
I've been told of a problem with the fuel pumps on the petrols, but i dont think thats the problem because it doesnt go into limp home mode, and still does 70mph no problem....just a big bit sluggish.
2.0 and 2.2 diesels can suffer from pump failure, normally down to the electronics being vibrated to bits..
Early 2.2 petrols suffered from timing chain failure due to bad oil circulation.

My 2.0 Dti was sluggish when I first got it, you could hear the turbo loose the pressure when it got above a certain point. This was due to the vacuum pipes leaking. As said above, check the rubber elbows.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.