1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Respect mah authoritah!
4,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
VauxMad_Kris's Cavalier Turbo 4 x 4 in Satin Red

heres a few pics of my tubby so far.

specs so far are
C20LET Standard with Coscast Cylinder Head.
Ported and Polished Head by Cylinder Head Developments.
Courtenay Sport Stage 2 Chips.
K & N Panel Air Filter.
Saab Front Mounted Intercooler.
Adjustable Fuel Regulator Valve.
16v XE Radiator.
Polished Cam Cover.
Front Brakes, 308mm Red Dot Grooved Brake Discs with Vectra Calipers and Pads.
Rear Brakes, Drilled and Grooved Discs Standard size.
Koni Adjustable Suspension, with Lowering Springs -25mm.
Powerflex Suspension Bushes all Round with Adjustable Rear Chamber Kit. Powerflex Anti-roll Bar Bushes.

·
Respect mah authoritah!
4,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very smart mate, love the EVO R's.
Buy them as im prob getting new alloys.

looks nice,seen the pics on ctor the other night being recovered on a flatbed.
Yep txb had gone on it. car is currently in bits just waiting for my flywheel and clutch then it can all go back together.

·
Premium Member
31,467 Posts
Bloody hell Kris, that fly wheel has seen better days, no wonder your replacing it:up:

·
Respect mah authoritah!
4,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
got a courtenay one going one. was well impressed witht he service ordered it monday was on my door tuesday evening. and got clutch from autovaux and other bits. the clutch was fecked there was about 1 or 2 thou left before the rivets in the clutch. would of prob lasted another 100miles and it would not do anything else but slip.

plans are clutch and flywheel. change the txb so i get my 4 x 4 working. fix aircon pipes, prob front drive shafts as the thread on the cv is knackered, track rod ends, poly bushes on antiroll bars, paint struts. new scorpian exhaust.

then onto the rear. taking the rear off, painting all that, diff is being removed to do the seals as its leaking alot. new rear brakes.

then after all that see if it works. then next step is new turbo as i was aa performance one.

·
Premium Member
31,467 Posts
Fair play mate, doing things thoroughly:up:

How much was your fly wheel and clutch? For reference.

·
Respect mah authoritah!
4,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
fly was £211 posted it was a billet item, looks very nice will give a report at some point when i get the car running lol. the clutch was £69.50 but you have to add vat and pstage to that. also bought 2 track rods at £10 each.

·
Missing the Booooossst!!!! :-(
8,709 Posts
Jesus... that flywheel is well screwed! :eh

Looks like you doing it just in time, Only thing that worries me about getting a turbo is the running/maintenance/4x4 and of course it breaking down or falling apart on the rear end... pfft... err... still want one though! :D

·
Premium Member
10,875 Posts
Looks a nice motor matey, think I remember the TXB incident on CTOR where the whole lot just seized up! :eh
Glad it's on the mend though... :Cool2:

·
Premium Member
31,467 Posts
Coming along well Kris. Get that underside wire brushed, and undersealed/protected :up:

·
Cannonball will win with or without you
8,417 Posts
Hopefully the car will start behaving itself now , been a right little **** at times hasn't it :shake :beer:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts