Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Respect mah authoritah!
4,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had a cav gls lowered 60mm with gmax, i had no probs getting my 17's under the arches.

i then had a cav turbo lowered 25mm with koni's same wheels and tyres as above,

BUT

the cav turbo wheels rub on the front arches why is this they are suppose to be better than gmax kits.

·
Registered
26 Posts
alrite bud,i bought sum 60mm gmax springs aswell but didnt like them cause they were 2 bouncey,ive now got spax 50mm springs and koni shocks and ma cav drives like a dream,realy is a nice smooth ride,doesnt struggle round corners either,

·
Premium Member
6,814 Posts
May have something to do with the way the turbo lowers with irs.

Koni's knock the **** out of Gmax mucker,in my opinion there's no comparison.

·
Respect mah authoritah!
4,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mat said:
May have something to do with the way the turbo lowers with irs.

Koni's knock the **** out of Gmax mucker,in my opinion there's no comparison.
i know konis are better than gmax. but why is it that the konis are stting lower than my gmax kit.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Is the turbo not lower than the GLS to start with??? so the tubbie will sit lower even though you've intorduced a smaller drop on paper!

·
Respect mah authoritah!
4,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jon Mc V6` said:
Is the turbo not lower than the GLS to start with??? so the tubbie will sit lower even though you've intorduced a smaller drop on paper!
i do not know if it does. but i lowered the turbo by only 25mm surely the gmax lowered by 60mm is going to sit lower or the same hieght.

·
Premium Member
31,467 Posts
In answer to your thread question. Yes, without a doubt, Koni shocks are the dogs, however i matched mine with Eibach springs as i found the siuppplied RoC springs too low for my TXB.

Jon Mc V6` said:

I would of gone with that. Koni sent you the wrong springs.? What colour are they? Koni dont actually make springs, only shocks, their spring suppliers are RoC. Theres another spring they match with their shocks too, but i cant remember the name atm.

·
Premium Member
31,467 Posts
Mat said:
Vogtland is one micky
Eibach is the other.
Thats it, Vogtland.! :up: Didnt know Koni's supplied Eibach also.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts