Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone help .we v put new big end and rings in and started up but loud knocking noise that disappear s when revving and she sounds sweet but idling it knocks and hunts and black smoke starts to come out of exhaust but doesn't on revving

·
Registered
245 Posts
Ok Lloyd. What is the fluctuation of the idle speed? If the idle drops very low then you could well experience diesel knock like this as the fuel is injected to pick the idle speed back up so we need to track down the cause of the hunting. I'm guessing you are showing no codes? How does the EGR look? Have you removed it to see how dirty it is? How does she behave when you are generally driving? Good power? No smoke?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok Lloyd. What is the fluctuation of the idle speed? If the idle drops very low then you could well experience diesel knock like this as the fuel is injected to pick the idle speed back up so we need to track down the cause of the hunting. I'm guessing you are showing no codes? How does the EGR look? Have you removed it to see how dirty it is? How does she behave when you are generally driving? Good power? No smoke?
Well it does go up n down like 100 to say 1500 then drops n will die out if that makes any sense .we v put new egr in also .it was a non runner when I bought it .I did notice little seep off rail injector pipes but nipped them up but tiny seepage

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I understand the info isn't great apologies but off top of your head do you think I should carry on with this engine .or could it be just too far gone .I dont want to give up but so close

·
Registered
245 Posts
Oh for goodness sake. I suppose it could be a wiring issue or connection on that circuit. The B0500 code could be the MAF - I suppose that's new too? Can you identify which engine it is and to save time identify ALL the parts you've replaced please? Since you've replaced the fuel pressure sensor I wonder if it might be the relief valve on the fuel system or the pump itself.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I understand the info isn't great apologies but off top of your head do you think I should carry on with this engine .or could it be just too far gone .I dont want to give up but so close
I can only imagine what you've spent already so I would be inclined to carry on Lloyd.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Right here we go .fuel pump n valve on it although was a second hand pump .turbo s been refurbished. Intercooler new one .you know injector seals are from vauxhall and are very thick compared to the ones with the injector s i bought .which were quit thin i wonder if injector sitting to high in the port

·
Registered
245 Posts
Hmm....
how do people change the air to fuel mixture
I guess that's a function of the mapping in the ECU. Regarding the injectors I wouldn't be expert in car injectors as my injection experience would be with 2 stroke marine diesel engines you could walk around inside the crankcase. Maybe car injectors differ slightly in length and hence the different thickness of seal. I really couldn't say sorry.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hmm....

I guess that's a function of the mapping in the ECU. Regarding the injectors I wouldn't be expert in car injectors as my injection experience would be with 2 stroke marine diesel engines you could walk around inside the crankcase. Maybe car injectors differ slightly in length and hence the different thickness of seal. I really couldn't say sorry.
Wow I'd like to see engineering like that.thank you by the way for helping out .

·
Registered
245 Posts
Yes it was tough work in the tropics in a freshly shut down engine but great experience. You're welcome, I just hope we can work through it. Where are you based?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts