Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
I Eat Speed
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so heres the bits and bobs i'm currently after. This thread should get updated alot whenever i want something new...

• Colour coded vectra door handles. Colour not important get them resprayed anyway.
  • Strut brace. AFAIK a brace off of any other cav or calibra will fit
  • Spoiler for a hatchback. Pref standard vauxhall one but anything considered as long as it's not huge
  • Sun visor clips. My visors are currently held on with the main bit that twists up and down but the other clips have snapped
  • Interior passenger side wing mirror panel

·
Premium Member
2,524 Posts
Whats a strut brace? I currently have an engine sitting on its front subframe and the struts attached so good chance I have the strut brace?

·
Premium Member
10,875 Posts
Front strut brace, yes, useful, stiffens the front. Rear one is effectively just a showy peice of metal across the car.

·
I Eat Speed
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK more important than all the other stuff now is an injector for a 2.0 8v. One of mine isn't going at full power and causing a very slight ticking noise, still working well enough to not justify the price of a new one from vauxhall (probably looking at the thousands from them :lmao:) but if someones got a second hand one i'd be interested

·
Matto Matto SQUIZ !!
2,588 Posts
Might have the sun visor clips

·
Jeff fa faaa
8,454 Posts

·
Premium Member
31,467 Posts
Agreed...

Although, some are?
Esp. the ones that fit to the tops of the rear dampers?
Seconded, they really need to be secured to the cars shell (suspension bell housing(rear))

·
Premium Member
10,875 Posts
Agreed...

Although, some are?
Esp. the ones that fit to the tops of the rear dampers?
I cba finding the threads but Jason has one that is just screwed into the top of the dampers, it does jack **** except look pretty and red, Chris McC has a custom framework welded to the suspension housing, that is functional. :Cool2:

·
Foldy roll
2001 Vauxhall Vectra SRi150 2.2 16V hatchback
16,070 Posts
I cba finding the threads but Jason has one that is just screwed into the top of the dampers, it does jack **** except look pretty and red, Chris McC has a custom framework welded to the suspension housing, that is functional. :Cool2:
You don't need to be arsed to find the threads.

What you've posted is what has been said here already..

Ones on the top of the dampers are worthless crap, ones welded to the rear suspension turrets work well.

So you've just blown your own (earlier) post right outta the water. :lmao: :lmao:

·
Premium Member
10,875 Posts
You don't need to be arsed to find the threads.

What you've posted is what has been said here already..

Ones on the top of the dampers are worthless crap, ones welded to the rear suspension turrets work well.

So you've just blown your own (earlier) post right outta the water. :lmao: :lmao:
:lmao:

Maybe my original post should have been more specific... I was assuming Joe would be going for the off-the-shelf bolt-on tat. ;)

·
I Eat Speed
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I've got a spoiler, its a regal spoiler i bought for £199, Its currently in Grey primer so will need to be sprayed £80
Thanks for the offer but i'm looking for something a little more subtle.

As for the strut brace 'argument', i'm only looking for a front one anyway :p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts