Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all

this morning, on my way to work, the driver side wiper on my 02 Vectra B has stopped working - it just flicks a little, like the last confulsions of a dieing fly! The passenger side is OK however.

In the absence of any tools, etc, and it being too wet and dark at 6am to have a proper look at what's going on, does anyone have any suggestions as to the cause, and more importantly, how to fix it!

I would have thought a broken linkage would cause it to fail completely, so could it be a loose nut/bolt?

Also - also - how do you get in to the linkage? I couldn't find a way this morning!

Many thanks in advance for you help!!

Dave

·
Premium Member
2,824 Posts
Could be a couple of things to be honest. I would go for the easy option first which is the nut that holds the arm on has come off/loose and it is managed to work itself off the mounting spigot. The second as you say is the linkage. Open the bonnet and remove the rubber seal at the back where it meets the bonnet. Then the plastic scuttle panel thats at the bottom of the windscreen should just lift out with a bit of jiggery pokery. If its a hard plastic one have a quick look for screws retaining it. I am not sure wether its bolted to be honest. The wiper mechanism is all under there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.