Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started out nice and sunny, few showers, pissed it down at one point but cleared up in time for them to open the track again before the end of the day.

Wasn't the biggest show I've ever been to but there was enough to get round and plenty of space and time to have a chat with the builders and drivers.
There were some really nice motors there running everything from 1200cc motorbike engines to a custom build Zetec derivitive on Webbers with throttle bodies and some V6 and V8 units to.

I was invited down by Kamala Cars who have a workshop at the track, had a couple of laps as a passenger, wasn't running it flat out unfortunately due to the shiteness of the Toyo Proxies, the walls were... hmmm, soft.... but it fecking flew down the straights. That particular car was running an old Ford Cosworth YB lump (redtop) at about 21PSI...
There is an onboard video but I CBA to upload it cos it will take ages, but if anyone really does want to see it I'll stick it up.

Anyway, pictures......

·
Premium Member
10,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Premium Member
10,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Premium Member
1,433 Posts
Wouldnt mind a blast in some of them machines.

·
Premium Member
10,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wouldnt mind a blast in some of them machines.
Aye, kit cars are a lot of fun and I think there were probably only 3 that were over 200BHP out of the lot that turned up, most ran bike engines, Zetecs or Pinto lumps, there was one with an Alfa V6 lump and another (looked like some kind of GT40-ish rep) running some V8 monster, didn't go round the track though... :( )

The yellow Kamala pictured on the track was probably the second quickest there (700-odd kg on a Cosworth Turbo lump), unfortunately the tyre walls are a bit soft so cornering with any kind of gusto was interesting to say the least! :eh
The quickest was a little purple single seater (not the Snake I pictured), running a Yamaha 110BHP bike engine and weighing in at about 350kg, came right into it's own on the corners that did! :)

·
Kind of a big deal......
6,540 Posts
I originally bought that twin cam sierra (that I ended up scrapping) last year as a donor to build a Raw Striker. It never happened for various reasons but is still on the backburner- I will at some point:)

That Gardner Douglas looks rather meaty:p

Some nice machines there, I like kit cars, something about that home-brewed dangerous feeling:cool:

Were Raw there? (Its run by a bloke and his two sons IIRC)

·
Premium Member
10,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I originally bought that twin cam sierra (that I ended up scrapping) last year as a donor to build a Raw Striker. It never happened for various reasons but is still on the backburner- I will at some point:)
Get it done, these things are the way forward, u don't even need a silly engine to have fun, just a good chassis and suspension base. :cool:

That Gardner Douglas looks rather meaty:p
I foget which one it is, if it's the lime green one, that one was quick. IIRC the Kamala found it a bit harder to pull away from it on the straights...

Some nice machines there, I like kit cars, something about that home-brewed dangerous feeling:cool:

Were Raw there? (Its run by a bloke and his two sons IIRC)
Raw... probably, there was a few... Wildmoor/Snake, Dax, Cobra, Gardiner Douglas, MK... something..., Kamala Cars, Super Stratos(sp)... a couple of clubs... can't remember them all... Total Kit Car were there, so look out for a future issue with the show feature, there'll be some nice shots and a bit of a write-up from all the makers...

I'm thinking some kind of kitcar for my next project, something a bit different, the Kamala will be way out of my price range, might do a Snake, they're quite funky. :Cool2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts