Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

Key won't lock/unlock drivers' door, but central locking, remote and internal lock all fine

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Kitch1 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello, I have a problem that I discovered through a flat battery. The physical key in the door does not unlock or lock the car. I called the AA help in prising the door ajar and using a hook to pull the bonnet catch, allowing them to charge the car to enable the remote central locking. Great service.

The central locking is fine, the door opens fine from either side, the locking stick/button in the window sill goes up and down.

An auto-locksmith friend told me the barrel is fine, but it has become 'disengaged' from the locking mechanism somehow.

Has anyone had a similar problem, or can advise on how I'd go about repairing this? I am struggling to even describe the problem accurately. Most problems online relate to the central locking, or a bigger issue with the mechanism.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

(edit: the car is a 2010 Insignia saloon)

#5 ·
You can remove the door lock on these by undoing the screw at the top of the door where the door closes. I done it when I took my door off to replace

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.